Camping in Tarsney Lakes

203 Reviews of 21 Tarsney Lakes, Missouri Campgrounds

PThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

Good short term camping

Close to Kansas City but also really close to I-70. Lots highway noise. Staff very helpful & campground is being remodeled

Site#20
Month of VisitApril
H
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Clean and family friendly

Clean sites, good bath houses and restrooms, easy hiking trails for kids.

Leni K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 24, 2021

Okay Campground for Tenting

Campground is great overall, with a walkable trail just past the showers, clean restrooms and easy to access sites. There are only 3 basic tent sites, making it hard to nab. #4 had a decent amount of privacy, however most other electric sites do not. As an electric site, there was not a lot of…

• access to the campsite
  • 30 minute trail
  • view from camping trail
Site#4
Carrie B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 24, 2021

1st trip of summer

Stayed at this Koa for 1st time. Was escorted to my campsite. Friendly, and very helpful with getting wood, and turning on tv. Cute and quiet place, place felt safe at night.

• Finally we’re here!
  • The cabin
  • kitchen
Sitecabin
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 22, 2021

Beautiful park over-looking the Missouri River.

We only stay overnight and arrived late.  We thought we had a site on the river but the site map is a little deceiving as the campground is a good, long hike to the river.  Sites are very private, facilities are clean and it is super quiet.

Site#32
AThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 11, 2021

Boy Scout Camping

The camp grounds in our are were well maintained. Even on the trail where a tree fell on it was cleared off the trail.

SiteSpecial Use Camp
Month of VisitNovember
Wesley S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 5, 2021

Great campsite

Great campsite. Plenty of space for tents and other activities and very close to water

SiteQuail Run 558
Angie G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 2, 2021

KC stopover with bbq!

We stayed in site 22 last night on our way to South Dakota. The check in experience was easy, the site was clean and place was nice. We arrived late and hungry and were able to go across the highway to KC BBQ ribs and it was delicious! They also deliver to the campground! This campground was being…

Nicole B.
Reviewed Apr. 17, 2021

Nice Spot

Really pretty place. Campground wasn’t too crowded. Parking spots at each site. Bathhouse was very clean. Would come back.

EThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 11, 2021

Nice place for newbies!

My little family and I just bought a travel trailer and live 1/2 a mile away from this campground so we decided this will be a good place to learn how to use our camper.

The on site manager, Paul, and his wife were amazing! Paul spent an hour showing me the in’s and out’s while helping me figure…

Jamie S.
Reviewed Apr. 7, 2021

Such a fun time!

This was our first location as full time RVers and it was such a fun experience. There are kayaks and canoes to rent, there is a great marina, fishing, and tons of water access opportunities for private kayaks. The people are friendly and so fun! Truly a great place to come camp.

Cons: showers…

Maria M.
Reviewed Apr. 1, 2021

Easy Camping

Campgrounds are clean and aren’t too overly cramped. Trails for hiking and riding bikes and they offer canoe/kayak renting.

Closed.....

After going around for almost 1.5 hrs from Smithville due to all the road closures, we finally got to the lake but all the campsites were out of commission to include the visitor's center and the roads were closed. We had to turn back unfortunately.

Not open

Good, safe place

I really liked the stay here. The only thing I wish is added on is some lights because my lights weren't illuminating as well as I thought it would and we were cooking in the dark.