The best YURTS camping near
Eldon , MISSOURI

28 Reviews1 Campground
Top Yurts Campground near Eldon Missouri

Most Recent Eldon Camping Reviews

Huge beautiful park. A lot of hiking and biking trails. Boat ramp and store in the park. We saw about 20 deer each day.

Simply amazing

This place is spectacular. Make sure you get a water spot right on the lakes edge. We lucked in and were close to the marina which was a short walk…had supplies , beer, firewood ..bathrooms and showers close. A must see park on an RV trip. Super friendly. Amazing

What a gem...even in the off season!

As a ranger for Dyrt I was really excited to come out to lake of the ozarks to get away from all the craziness in the world. The campground is massive and really the online version of it doesn’t do it much justice. I am here during the off season so things are a little cheaper. You have several different levels of sites to choose from. Some very close to the water and some away from water but a short walk from the water. The lake is a very popular lake and I’m sure from the start of the busy season it is packed. Right now…it is nothing but peaceful…seriously as I wrote this three deer walked wishing 20 feet of me.

I originally had chosen site 165 that is a primitive site on the water but since the lake is very low it is a lot of mud.

I moved to 87 which is right in the middle of the campground. Everything is very well maintained and you can tell where the crew has been clearing brush and fighting the rains. In the off season the showers are turned off but they do have a portable water source that is kept on.

Sites themselves are somewhat private…depending on where you book. Some sites are right on top of each other while others to can escape your neighbors a little.

All and all this campground was pretty dang amazing!

Product Review: As a Danger for Dyrt I get to demo and review products. This time around I got a slim folding kitchen from GCI. Super lightweight and product packaging was great. Cardboard box and the product…no plastic which is awesome to see. 1 piece of paper for instructions. Comes fully assembled right out of the box. It can easily be used for lots of ocassions; on a deck for a small grill, camping as a kitchen, tailgating for everything, or even just as an extra table. It is very lightweight and sturdy. Was very easy to transport it as it comes with a handle built in and is lightweight. Fold out for optimal use and has several different storage compartments. Also has the ability to hang tools off of it. I would highly recommend it as it will become one of my staples when traveling in the scamp bc it allowed me to cook outside.

The pros:

6. Environmentally friendly packaging
  7. Handle to carry it.

The cons:

1. No true places to hang bbq utensils
  2. Shelves are a little flimsy until they are locked in place which could bend if you aren’t careful
  3. If you break a part there is no way to replace it.

Hope you enjoy the review and most certainly come visit!

Lots of wildlife

Sites were spread apart, lots of shade, close to the lake. Plenty of trails, fishing, and swimming.

Just feels like home!

Amazing state park. Sites are clean and for the most part level. Great tree coverage makes you feel tucked away. Abundant wildlife. Clean shower houses Some sites next to the water. Section four on the map. Recommend sites 159 through 139 if you can get them.

Tranquil and my happy place

Raccoons can become a problem if food, lotions or anything with a scent if left out.

Busy but very nice

Large busy campgrounds but nice water front with close access to the beach. Plenty of paved roads and trails to keep the kids busy!

Large, popular, but holds its own

We were camping in October, and showed up midday on a Sunday - The campground had been quite full over the weekend and was still in the process of clearing out but someone had already vacated a nice site in the lower loop (one of 4) overlooking the Lake that was available for the next three nights. We are tent campers but in this shoulder season we like electric sites to mitigate some of the dark. The colors reflecting off the Lake and the flock of white pelicans hanging out on a sand bar made this a lovely place to hang out - stoking up a little afternoon fire, which we seldom do. Neighbors at this site were far enough away although there is little privacy between sites. The Park is situated on both shores of an arm of Lake of the Ozarks which allows it to feel more removed from the chaos of the tourist world which we appreciate and the waters are quite shallow in the area which reduced fast boat traffic - could almost imagine kayaking there. The trails in the park are many and we only sampled a few - nice forest. The Caverns were closed by this point in the season so ….. that will have to be fore next time.

nice camp site on the lake

this was a nice park on the lake. we stayed in site 157 and had a nice view of the lake. other sites like 139, 158 and 159 were so close to the lake. the site was electric but no water. the bathrooms and showers were nice. nice walking/hiking trails.

Beautiful!!!

We stayed here for 4 days during the weekdays and had a wonderful time. Everyone we talked to said that weekends are completely booked so reserve early. While we were there it was very peaceful and relaxing. Loved waking up to coffee and the beautiful view of the lake from our campsite. The sites were Electric only and there are a few water spigots scattered around the areas. Very hard to get cell service, but that's ok because we weren't there to be on our phones. We didn't fish, but watched as others pulled large catfish from the lake. There were a lot of Trails and even a herd of deer that would come right into the campgrounds. If you have a chance make sure you stop and see some caves and HaHa Tonka Castle Ruins.