The best TENT SITES camping near
Desloge , MISSOURI

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Desloge Camping Reviews
Quiet and serene

We stayed here on a Tuesday evening in early November. It was election night so we were happy to not have a cell signal for the night. 😊 The sites are all walk in but it’s a short walk from your car to the site. Very rocky ground so be careful where you put your tent. Pit toilets are located at the entrance to the campground. We didn’t see where the water was but it was supposed to be off for the season anyway so we were prepared. We did the hike to the highest point in Missouri and then to a small waterfall. We were racing the sunset so we didn’t get to spend as much time as we would have liked. There were only two other campers and all was quiet.

River views

The area was closed when we arrived. But from the looks of it, lots of good camping sites right along the river. Saw lots of grills and plenty of space between each site.

Canoe and Kayak Hotspot

My family always camp there during Memorial Weekend while growing up. This camping ground is right by the river. This place has transformed where they offer little but of everything and reserve ahead of time. I highly recommend you reserve canoe or Kayak at time of your camping reservation. If you love to stargaze then head out to open land and enjoy the night sky and bring a telescope.

Waterfallzz

Camped for a couple days during fall. The scenery was gorgeous!

Nice campground, check trails for pet rules

Very nice campground with nice showers and clean bathrooms. Camp sites were somewhat close together so hope you like neighbors. We didn’t check the nearby trails to the shut-ins before coming. The shut-ins trail DOES NOT allow dogs so that’s a bummer. Found some other local hiking trails so overall it wasn’t too bad.

Very nice and clean.

Big Creek is very nice setting with all the amenities, including Wifi and Laundry facility. Great little pool in middle of park. Spots were clean and easy to back into or pull through. A little too close to one another for my liking, but well put together and level. Camp Host very nice and helpful woman and prices were reasonable, especially for firewood and propane. Great little hiking/ biking path along creek that runs along park. Be advised, not a lot of supplies nearby. Make sure you bring with you.

We went day after Labor Day and had no problem and she got us in early. Stayed 3 nights.

Verizon worked ok. T- Mobile very poor.

Camping

Likes: Onondaga state park campground is one of my favorite camping spots in central Mo. The campground is very nice and clean and pads are level and all concrete with 50amp service and water hook ups. Very peaceful and friendly people. Dislikes: I’ve camped in a dozen sites at least there and never had a problem when it rained a little bit (rains ever time I go camping seams like!!) last week I stayed in site #65 and it sucked!!! The site has no run off and all the water collects on the concrete pad so there we sat. Walked out of camper and at least 2-3” inches of water stood on concrete pad with mud everywhere!! Finally after a day are so I couldn’t take it. ( I have 2 boys that wanted outside as well as myself) I went and bought shovel and started digging little ditiches so water would run way from camper.. With it being October it didn’t get real warm so the water was there for three days.. The one day it did get nice and sunny the yellow jackets and lady bugs where so bad that you had to watch every move you made.. The next day the camper was covered on the inside with lady bugs everywhere.

I will definitely return camping there but will avoid site #65

Halloween Bash is big here!

Stayed over the weekend for our final trip of the season, great staff and facilities here. They really do pack in the campers though, extremely crowded and tight. The family atmosphere was incredible here, lots for the kiddos to do in this park. A little too crowded for us empty nesters.

Our favorite!

We loved this clean and beautiful campground! We stayed in the fall and the colors were amazing. Our kids loved climbing all over the shut-ins. We have already planned to return in the summer to swim! Well maintained facilities and the store had everything you could need. Nice paved sites that have picnic tables & fire pits.

Good fall spot

Well kept up place, good spacing between sites. I didn’t get a chance to go on any trails but there were a couple that looked good, including the Ozark Trail.