About Panther Branch Primitive Campground

Backcountry Primitive Campsite next to a water source with a fire ring. All garbage must be carried out.

No ADA Access
No Sewer Hookups
No Water Hookups
Panther Branch Primitive Campground is located in Missouri
2 Reviews of Panther Branch Primitive Campground
We could not find the campground

But we made our own and it was lovely. We made a ring for fire and withstood a lovely winter storm. Would recommend if you don’t mind primitive to its ultimate

OZARK TRAIL: Panther Branch

OZARK TRAIL: I backpacked 50 miles during spring break on the Ozark Trail between Council Bluff Lake and Johnson Shutins State park. When I planned the trip the only information for camping that was available were regulations requiring you to camp 100 feet from the trail.

I have to admit that the Ozark Trail Association provides amazing resources about the Ozark Trail but they fail to describe what has become primitive backcountry campsites all along the trail. Many of these sites are marked on the detailed National Geographic maps provided for free by the Association as water holes, but they are also clearly set up as campsites as well.

Make sure you bring a water purifier. It is some of the best tasting water I have ever had.

PANTHER BRANCH: Panther Branch is about three miles south of Big River, so if it is too early in the Day to stop you are not far from another campsite if you want to push forward. I thought Panther Branch was clean. It was close to a nice waterway and had a fire ring for a campfire. It was a pleasant quiet campsite Tip: Dig your cat hole before you go to sleep and make sure it is at least 100 feet from the water.

Year 2021 Flag