The best RV SITES camping near
Carthage , MISSOURI

Most Recent Carthage Camping Reviews
Nice creek and fall colors!

My first experience in an RV park and it wasn’t a bad one. Pulled into a tent site with my teardrop and stayed for a night. The RV side is exactly how I envisioned and packed pretty tight. Tent spots were fairly well spread out and in the back of the park. Only downfall, which wouldn’t matter in the summer months but the shower was outside and it was a little chilly. Overall my experience was pleasant and if I’m ever in the area, I will not hesitate to stop by again.

Great overnight resting place

Clean. Safe. Great for an overnight on our way from Joplin to OK City. $30 for electricity and water. Easy check in and plenty of spots. Also, near the casino if you’re interested. Nothing fancy, but we didn’t need fancy.

Second visit, first time camping.

We will be back. Nice flat site with grass! Only 10 sites with water and power, two with 50A. You have to request a fire ring and bring your own wood (PSA: don't transport wood that could carry harmful bugs). Indoor bathrooms and showers available at the main building. Simple, but clean. Staff was so friendly! The whole family loved the self guided tour of Big Brutus. Clean and well maintained camps. Truly a marvel to see up close.

Nicest people!

I knew within minutes of check in that we picked the right overnight stop. The couple who runs the place couldn't be better. Great site with mini golf for the kids too.

Just pretty close to perfect

‘‘This Campground has sections. The one group is the (Sentury) Indian, and the second loop is the Eagle Point Fox loop. We were at the Sentry loop. We liked site 71 in that loop. It offered the most space and was a full hook up. That is one of the best things about this campground. Several full hookups. Boat ramp was nice. Not great but ok for kayaking. Nice swim beach. Campground host we met was not very friendly or helpful.

Good Rv Park

My friends had a RV here they kept year round. I loved going to visit them. They all ride golf carts around to visit and are a tight little community! You can go boating, fishing, hiking. There’s so much to do at Grand Lake!

Tent Camping

Beautiful views from many of the sites. I noticed several of the tent sites do not have level areas for your tent. T01 site does not have close parking unless you are able to park in the handcap parking. It is a quite park in the evening. Camp host is polite and shower house is kept clean. Vault toilet by the boat ramp is sketchy (where tent camping is located). Will stay here again.

Great place to go off road riding. Fun olace

This is a Off-road park that has cabins and other camping options.  Not a quiet place but for those looking to ride or enjoy some off-road fun this is a good place to play!  There are some hiking trails where you can ride them hike..

Quiet and good location

Stayed here for about 9 days and really liked its location to the water. Nice large area to walk around with the dogs which was a treat. Great SUP’ing :-)

Bring on the Deet!

Had an awesome hike, more incline/decline than I was expecting for the area! The caves were closed off due to walkway damage. Loved the lookout over the Missouri River! One less fun but not trip ruining detail, were the ticks. I went in August and they were pretty bad, tons on our legs and on my dog just from the hike. Next time I'll be prepared with deet!