Helena , MISSISSIPPI

Most Recent Helena Camping Reviews
My Go To

I absolutely adore Blakely, The whole park is very well maintained and all facilities are clean, staff is friendly and helpful. Trails are well marked and unless there has been a storm are very well maintained. So many activities can be had depending on when you go. They  have fun Blue grass bands at night around a large bonfire and food truck.

The delta boat tours are fantastic. The walk way on the bay is great. The campgrounds primitive are well kept and have individual fire rings and pick nick tables.

Love love love this spot, could not recommend enough.

Very Pleased!!

We stayed here for Labor Day weekend. The staff was very nice and helpful at check in. My son loves the pool and I was impressed how clean the showers and bathrooms were. Nice quiet campground right across from the beach and close to plenty of restaurants and attractions.

Nice place!

Rustic atmosphere, they have a pool! Great location across the street from the shoreline. Nicer clientele, and kept very tidy. Lots of shade trees, beautiful spot.

Near the ocean

Are you looking for a camping place walking too the ocean? It’s right here. This place is right across the street, through a business, and right on the sand. Very nice staff also

One of our favorite campgrounds .

We have stayed here 4 times over the last 2 years. We keep coming back. It’s a good location for events in Mobile and Baldwin counties. Site are level and paved. All have FHU I believe. They have a nice little fishing pier. Boat and kayak launch. Bath houses clean and operated correctly. Hot water etc. You can hear traffic in Hwy 98 and I10 at night but was not an issue for us. Other have complained I have noticed. Tv antenna reception good from Mobile and Pensacola. About and hour drive to great beaches also.

Ok Spot

Stayed here awhile ago before we had our class A. It was a brief stay on our way to another spot. It’s nice and quiet, very small.

Not a ton of amenities but a nice spot. Lots of yearly returning guests. Really close to the beach and some fun beachy restaurants. Based on other spots we now know of this wouldn’t be our first choice but in a bind would stay again.

Great area and a great park.

I appreciated the location, landscaping and clean/modern bathrooms/showers. Beach access wasn’t that far. I believe we payed a small parking fee for the beach. The area is busy with traffic and tourism once you get on the main highways. But nonetheless, a great atmosphere. Thanks Island Retreat!

Beach time

Great park if you want to camp next to the beach! A short walk and dog friendly! Bath houses were great! No campfires ☹️, but a great place!

Great history and beautiful area!

Amazing views from the boardwalks and trails! Not far from Spanish Fort and shopping. We did many hikes through the grounds with the kids and everyone absolutely loved it!

Enjoyable tent camping I

We were assigned site 6. We were surrounded on 3 sides by woods but had neighbors directly across from us and diagonally. We were there for Mother’s Day weekend, which was cooler than normal with lows in the 50s. Friday night it rained and was quiet. Saturday the park was very busy, partly because things were finally opening up after quarantine. Mostly easy hiking with a variety of distances throughout the park from the campground. Boat tours not running when we were there. There is a boat launch if you want to bring your own. Bathhouse has restrooms on one side and showers on the other. The bathhouse serves as the public restroom for day use as well which made it very crowded at times. Food truck on Saturday for lunch was a nice surprise. Would go back again!