Clinton Township, MICHIGAN

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Clinton Township Camping Reviews
Helpful staff

Staff is super helpful, we stayed long term (several months) for work in the area. Winter rates. I understand summer rates are much higher.

Clean, well kept, with lots for kids and teenagers too

Holly Recreation area is located in northern Oakland County, just north of Detroit. It is a very nice place to get away from the city without having to drive hours. The campground is divided into a day use side and the campground. There are a few lakes, one very large one that has fishing and electric motor boating. They rent kayaks, canoes, and stand up paddle boards. The beach area also boast a pay area called Jump Island which is a blow up island in the middle which has multiple places to climb, slide, jump and land in the water. The campground its self is around 150 sites that tend to book quickly. The sites are great because they are mostly divided by trees and you don't back up to each other. The terrain is somewhat hilly in parts but the sites are mostly level and paved. There is many sites that are mostly sunny in two of the loops and mainly shady in the other two loops so there is something for all. They have the best Hollyween event in the fall. There are several playgrounds, a basketball court, hiking trails, and the tether ball is always busy.

Local Trail With Beautiful Views

I highly enjoy this park year round. The trails are consistently well kept and easily marked to follow. I just visited yesterday and although there was ice, due to warmer conditions today the trails were a bit muddy. Overall pleasant hike. Highly recommend

Truly a beautiful vacation spot

I enjoyed the trails, disc golf and overall wonderful Park staff! Extremely clean and well-kept

I'll not return

Very expensive, noisy, poor site conditions with both fire pit and table badly needing replacing as both are seriously rotted. Only has 2 shower stalls so be prepared for a long wait at peak times. You can not reserve a site, you're assigned one when you arrive so you'll have to hope you get one that will fit your needs.

Ranger Review: Banner and Oak Pathfinder hat at Holly State Rec

As a Ranger the Dyrt sends me products to test. This trip my husband and I tested hats from Banner and Oak. https://bannerandoak.com/collections/hats-ladies/products/pathfinder-blue   I found the pathfinder soft comfortable and it stayed secure on my head on a blustery rainy day. Even with a buff on underneath for keeping my ears warm. I did find the brim to be a little large for my face and I had to turn my head up at odd angles to take a selfie or as you can see in the video below.  My Husband Steve found the Sierra did not fit his head well He felt it looked too tall from the front, and the band was itchy.

Holly State Rec

Pretty park with several well marked trails. We stayed in the Maple loop which had several semi-private sites screened from neighbors by trees. I think site #1 was one of the roomiest and prettiest. The bathrooms were clean. There were several playgrounds, bench swings, play fields and even a basketball court. The ADA sites had pavement surrounding the fire rings and space at the picnic tables for a wheel chair.

Nice place to relax

The lady that runs this place is hands down the reason this park is so great . I come here every year for the past 6 years an for the 2020 season i plan on a 3 month lot rental

Awesome!

This place is by far one of the greatest campgrounds we’ve been to that is family oriented! We stay memorial day weekend and the last weekend of the season which is the harvest festival. My grandchildren always have a blast as well as grandma and Papa! Lots of pull through sites lots of tree shaded lots gives you that rustic camping feel with all the amenities.

Fun with family and pets!

Nice lakes for swimming and can take your pet as well!  Big playground and nice bathrooms