About Proud Lake State Rec Area
Proud Lake State Rec Area is located in Michigan
9 Reviews of Proud Lake State Rec Area
Great small park!

Beautiful Michigan State Park Campground along the Huron River on Proud Lake.

There is a host site with activities and a lending library for books and some sporting equipment.

It has a boat launch and a canoe / kayak livery on site.

Bath house is newly built with amazing showers including large Family / Handicap showers.

Awesome trails

The trails available here are where I learned to mountain bike, they’re not the easiest but they are not so challenging that you won’t have fun.

Awesome!!

Proud Lake is one of the best camping spots ever!

Clean but crowded

This site was very nicely kept but felt a little like a sardine can. SO many RVs and children EVERYWHERE kind of ruined the relaxed calm one looks for when camping.

The site was nice, a little rocky so hard to pitch a tent, and theres a severe hill from the back part of the loop towards the lake - at one point I was worried an improperly locked down camper would roll straight through our tents!

Views of the water from almost everywhere on the north end of the loop, and the bathrooms are BEAUTIFUL. They must have been recently renovated because they are spacious, tiled, well maintained, and very modern feeling for a campground.

Small but efficient.

I really like this campground for a quick get away when I don't have the time to make it up north. It's a little bit smaller than others but the sites are plenty big enough. The bathroom facilities are always nice and clean. It's right by a river you can paddle, float or swiw in. There are also a few trails to hike.

Fun

Proud lake is very nice, some other campers arnt so happy campers an complain, but other than that a nice place, we've been going to halloween camping for the past 2 years, decorate your site and the kids get dressed up an go trick or treating in camp, theres a costume contest and hay rides, fun family atmosphere.

Waterfront camping

This was my first trip, which I did in a teardrop style micro camper. Had to back in the RV as the site was not pull-through. I didn’t use all amenities but there was a modern bathroom facility with showers. kayaking, hiking, electric hookup with 50, 30, and 110, and most importantly, while the campground feels like you are remote, if you need supplies, there is a small shopping center about a mile away. I loved being able to look out my window to the waterfront. Was slightly concerned however by the electrical towers nearby.

Close to Home

When I need a weekend get away but don't want to drive to far this here is the spot! The facilities are kept up quite well and the campgrounds are secluded enough. As for the trails, that's what I love the most. Many types of grounds within a short hike. Tall pines, lakes, creeks. Even a nice canoe/kayak rentals. Even if you're not looking to overnight it at least go for a nice hike!

Great place

When I think of camping, I think of heading "up north", but I am so glad that we decided to head south and meet some family members half way. This campground has the feel of "up north" as it is wooded and tucked away in an oasis of water, greens, and wildlife galore. The bathhouse is new and very nice. There are a few sites on an incline and that made it hard to get in and out of our fifth wheel. I would visit this campground again.