About Holly State Rec Area
Holly State Rec Area is located in Michigan
13 Reviews of Holly State Rec Area
Ranger Review: Banner and Oak Pathfinder hat at Holly State Rec

As a Ranger the Dyrt sends me products to test. This trip my husband and I tested hats from Banner and Oak. https://bannerandoak.com/collections/hats-ladies/products/pathfinder-blue   I found the pathfinder soft comfortable and it stayed secure on my head on a blustery rainy day. Even with a buff on underneath for keeping my ears warm. I did find the brim to be a little large for my face and I had to turn my head up at odd angles to take a selfie or as you can see in the video below.  My Husband Steve found the Sierra did not fit his head well He felt it looked too tall from the front, and the band was itchy.

Holly State Rec

Pretty park with several well marked trails. We stayed in the Maple loop which had several semi-private sites screened from neighbors by trees. I think site #1 was one of the roomiest and prettiest. The bathrooms were clean. There were several playgrounds, bench swings, play fields and even a basketball court. The ADA sites had pavement surrounding the fire rings and space at the picnic tables for a wheel chair.

Beautiful woods

Sites were spacious, we loved the national forest.

Popular Place!

This is a giant recreation area that features a campground, 3 lakes, tons of trails, and even a splash zone for kids. The campground has it all, electric, cabins, playgrounds, basketball courts, etc… The lakes are nice and there are tone of options of things to do and places to explore. Ideal for families and people who like to camp but aren’t into the “rustic” part.

Great Spot Only 1 Hour From Home

Spent 2 night in the Aspen Loop tent camping. Minus the silk/inch worms in the trees it was great. Fire pit was large and bathrooms were clean. We did a 6 mile hike and some fishing. Great easy quick weekend away.

Holly Rec Rules!

I love camping here even though it’s not far away from home whatsoever. The trillium and oak loops are heavily wooded and have plenty of space between each site - something that’s rare in campgrounds these days.

Amazing

The site was very clean, loved how big the showers were. Staff at check-in/out are very friendly.

Great hiking!

Loved the length of the trails. Easy terrain to work on pacing yourselves. Even found a spot to stop off and chill out in our hammock! It was a very hot day (85+) but the hike is very shaded!

Everything to do

Holly Rec is huge and there is so much you can do. Camping is pretty secluded. Lots and lots of hiking available , pets allowed which is awesome, disc golfing , lakes for great kayaking and there is a wonderful beach! Something for everyone! you can get away here , and take a much needed break from real life.

Great park... pest problem

The campground and other areas of the park are great. good fishing and good sized sites. the only issue is the raccoons that have overrun the campground once the sun goes down… no joke.