Yurts
About Metamora - Hadley Rec Area
Metamora - Hadley Rec Area is located in Michigan
16 Reviews of Metamora - Hadley Rec Area
Close to home

We like to stay here when we need a quick get away. It is close to home, but yet still nice to get out camping for the weekend. Easy for friends to come meet up then they go back home at night.

Nice but kinda crowded

Very popular place. It’s close to home, so I like to paddle here. The sites are pretty large but mostly inhabited with RVs. Lots of campers come with the whole setup and stay for weeks. Colored lights, tiki torches, and loud music. Nothing very primitive or rustic about this place. Still, the lake is clean, there is a nice launch for boats, and a large swimming area for kids. Overall it’s a nice family camping spot.

The tale of two loops!

The North loop is right on the water, mostly flat, very open (not shady), the south loop where we stayed very shady, very hilly but manageable, over all great place to stay!

Clean and fun

Quiet lake to fish, nice sites

Convenient and clean

Usually have a pretty good time here. Nice little lake with some pretty decent fishing.

Pretty nice

Camped here a couple times - most sites are nice and big but some have little space between them. The sites in the back up the hill from the lake are the best!

Nice & quiet

We stay here every year when going to the renaissance faire.

Super friedly Staff
  1. The Staff at the shop is really kind and definitely make you feel like at home. And also, they have the best cherry ice cream I’ve tried in my life! 😍😍
Great family getaway

I take my family here every year. Electrical hookup for my TT and potable water fill-up and waste dump available. Great beach with swimming on the no wake lake and some good fishing all around. Hiking trails well maintained and marked. DNR has kids programs on weekends too. I stay at the North campground (more rustic) but there South is nice just a little more like an RV park atmosphere.

It was ok

The park was pretty, and clean, but there is not much to do for kids. The beach was covered in goose poop so we couldn't use the beach or go in the water. The playground…was 3 swings, we had 4 kids. So it was a little rough, we went home early