Albany, LOUISIANA

Most Recent Albany Camping Reviews
Cool swampy place

I stayed on a solo trip overnight on the way to somewhere else, the loop of tent sites were all wet except one (wish I remembered sorry) it was super loud at night with swamp things. Rangers were super nice! Biked around a bit and went on all the walking trails, I’d suggest having shoes that can get trashed. It was quite muddy!

Cool place

Seems like a great place for summer with a splash pad and beach available. I’m sure the mosquitoes would be horrendous though. Great place to bike around. Beautiful oak trees, historical site, very helpful park rangers. I arrived late with my daughter and we thoroughly enjoyed our short overnight stay.

Good value

Very nice campground. Staff is always friendly. Good amenities. Very easy to park and a staff member always helps you park. Grocery store is about a mile away. Pool is open during summer and they added a covered playground for kids. I mean covered with a very large steel structure. The playground is covered with rubber mulch. We've been coming for years and we'll be back.

Good value

Never Again

Dumpy place where people live in old units. Doesn't feel safe.

Better than I Expected!

Nice park! Who would have thunk it, in the middle of New Orleans. A convenient walk to the French Quarter. Very safe and secure. A nice little green park next door for the doggies. Very clean with curbside trash pick-up. A pool and a hot tub (though we weren't there at a warm enough time to use them). Great stay! Oh, our GPS took us on a round about so ask them how best to get there when you book.  I-10 is across the street and a bit loud during the daytime, but less so at night.

This is not Indian Creek Recreation Area, Please don't mistake the two.

The pictures on the banner are from Indian Creek Recreation Area. not Indian Creek Campground and RV Park

Wonderful place

My family went and stayed here for a weekend and enjoyed ourselves very much. It was a cold weekend and was very pleased that the bathrooms were heated.

Love the Deer

We stayed here before the swimming hole was concreted in and the hot tub. The deer are amazing to see when riding around the camp ground. We stayed on the outside next to the rice which was very nice large space next to the cabins. We enjoyed camping here.

Beautiful Park even during the soggy season

We had a great pull-through site with the woods as our back yard.(I don't recall the number). Saw deer every evening and even a wild pig! The sites were a bit soggy because of all the rain. Campground could use a few more trash dumpsters. The beach was beautiful and I'll bet crowded during the summer. Take advantage of the Rails to Trails bike path. We rode to Liz' Where Y'all At Diner and then drove on for a total 20 mile bike ride. Would totally visit this park again.