Okolona, KENTUCKY

Most Recent Okolona Camping Reviews
Private Campground with nice small lake

It’s a private campground with mostly permanent residents. Nice small pond and I hear the fishing is good. The first day here I went to the bathroom/shower and they were dirty-so I didn’t use either and decided to only use the facilities in my RV. Today I was outside and needed to go to the restroom, they were much cleaner this time. Old but cleaner. Staff at the campground seemed nice and friendly.

Awesome River View

Our site had a level concrete parking pad and concrete deck overlooking the river. On the deck was a patio set with an umbrella and 4 chairs and 2 Adirondack style plastic chairs with a portable fire pit. There was even a clean gas grill with a full tank of propane and utensils! It had rained really hard all day Friday and had cleared up just as we turned off the highway so the river was really muddy and had a lot of debris and a really fast current. We camped May 8th and 9th and the temperature dropped down to 25 degrees. “Angie”, the manager was awesome! She is so very nice, also the man that took care of the campground “Russ” was really nice and helpful, this was our first time using our camper and he even came in and helped us get our tv going. The restroom/bath house is older but I don’t think it could have been any cleaner! The small store/office was also nice, they aren’t trying to make a fortune on there items and there was even free coffee! I give it five stars. We will definitely be back.

A waterfall and all

Looove this hidden gem. We stayed there in early March, the first weekend it opened for the year. It's a fairly new park on the site that used to be the Indiana Ammunition Plant. Good-sized sites with a very helpful staff. I hiked trail 2 and found the waterfall and several other gorgeous views. Will definitely be back!

Quick night through

Clean, plenty of room b/w sites, nobody around as was last of February. Good size campground. Clean restrooms.

Very nice and well maintained

One of the best camp grounds

Clean but close

The sites are very close to one another but nicely kept. It's a shame they don't open up the side that is closer to the river and spread the sites out a bit. 2 shower houses and lots of fun stuff for older children to do (8-12). Pretty quiet except it is on the airport path so at night you do hear a lot of traffic coming in. Internet is slow slow slow on the weekends if that matters to you or your teen. Plenty of restaurants and groceries right off the exit too.

Incredible long October weekend

Spent 5 nights and had a wonderful time. Enjoyed trails, big lots and lots of stuff for the kids to do.

Best Family Camping

It used to be free with an email request for a reservation but eventually the foundation that runs this campground did have to start charging a small fee to help with maintenance and operating costs. It’s a very family oriented campground with more rules than many campgrounds, such as no alcohol. They want it to be kid friendly and not a party destination. My husband is a “sit around the fire with a beer” kinda fella but he didn’t mind giving up a couple beers for such an awesome experience. They have great hiking trails, a creek with a couple “swimming hole” spots, several large wooden playground systems, a village of playhouses for the kids, an awesome stairway and walkway on a cliff, beautiful surroundings and an awesome staff!!

Beautiful State Park

We stayed here 1 night driving through, but really enjoyed our time.  We were in site 50 in the trees.  It appeared most of the other sites were out in the open and close together.  Our site didn't have a water hook-up.  But we filled our fresh water tank at the shower house.  We hiked to the falls and tunnel.  Next time we'll bring a flashlight and go all the way through the tunnel.

Close to Madison, IN.  We ate dinner at Shipley's Tavern and had really great burgers.  This was a fun stop we want to come back to.

Decent campground

Nice campground. Not very big though. The do have some pull through sites for equestrian trailers. Good horse trails. Clean facilities.