Camping in Village East Resort

39 Reviews of 21 Village East Resort, Iowa Campgrounds

s
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Would not reccommed

The guy gave me an address that lead me to an abandoned barn so I was then 40 mins out of the way.

VThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 20, 2021

Nice

Staying here during trip to SD, April is cold bit nice check in process. Clean and level site. Large site and we'll spaced out. Super nice lady, owner?, Checked me in and was super nice. No water hook up due to weather but glad we chose this as a place to stay. Would recommend for price with…

Jesse G.
Reviewed Feb. 3, 2021

Great little site

Stayed for a wind project last February1st through March. Clean showers and restrooms and great owner

Gary E.
Reviewed Dec. 20, 2020

Martin's Access

Primitive camping was awesome

Brian O.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 12, 2020

quiet park in the country

I went to college nearby, so i knew of this park but had never visited. On our way to Wyoming from Chicago, we stopped to stay here overnight.  Other than saying it's a nice place in the woods, in what is otherwise open farmland, I don't have much else I can say.

Sitetent area
Larry K.
Reviewed Sep. 24, 2020

Very nice. Clean .

showerhouse with 2 showers. Camp host. Firewood. Water and 50 amp at sites. At&t service. $22 with electricity. $12 w/o. Stayed here in a 26' B+. Big rigs ok here. All back in. Larryneedstogocamping will be back. Only issues. Would like more night lighting and lake access.

Lori N.
Reviewed Sep. 20, 2020

Peaceful!

We love this park. We have never been there when it's really crowded, but we know it gets that way. Sites aren't crunched together, so you have privacy. Trails are nice. Everything is well maintained. Showers & bathrooms are awesome! We almost always see wildlife when hiking😁

VThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 15, 2020

Great

Nice clean and quiet. Super friendly staff.

Kaylyn S.
Reviewed Aug. 30, 2020

Beautiful camp ground

It’s only 12 dollar to camp a night for electricity. They have two different areas for camping. There is a few pond to kayak and fish also there’s a beach area to swim. Not sure how many spot but there are quite a few. No WiFi but cell service is ok.

Larry K.
Reviewed Aug. 26, 2020

Nice

Very clean quiet well maintained park. 2 levels. Upper level has about 8 spots w 30/50 amp. A pavilion. 1 water spigot. Garbage and a plastic biffy. The lower level is at the lake. About 6 spots w electric but very unlevel. Very nice lake. Stayed here in a 27' B+ 8.26.20. I definitely would stay…

Cory S.
Reviewed Aug. 21, 2020

Great holiday campaite

Park is privately owned and operated but shares a park with the city. Big events during holidays. Sites are well spaced for campers and renters alike. Has 50 amp, 30 amp and 20 amp services as well as boondocks sites. Dump station at park with blue tote available from the office. Kids love the park…

Roger A.
Reviewed Aug. 20, 2020

Beautiful Park and campground

I stumbled across this Park traveling through and looking for a place to spend the night. I drove in and saw the beautiful lake and the campground so I talked to the camp host, told him I just needed a primitive spots I didn't need electricity or water is it all good just grab a tent site, they are…

D

Nice park need updates.

Very clean park with lots of camp sites. Checked online said they were booked but called anyway to double check and they had multiple spots available. They DO NOT have water hookups at each site, the lady in the phone said they had water but didn’t clarify you have to fill up. I got trailer all…

D

Nice Clean Park

Clean Park, have fun things to do at Lawcon park across the street! Frisbee Golf, playground, and a 5mile trail around lake. As good as you get for a Municipal Campground.

Debbie J.

Large campground

Tent camping spots are large and separate from RV spots .$15 a night for tents. Only problem was the distance to the bathroom. We had a very nice spot on the lake. Large grassy campsite with shade.