Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 30 ft.
Gull Point is located in Iowa
4 Reviews of Gull Point
Nice park need updates.

Very clean park with lots of camp sites. Checked online said they were booked but called anyway to double check and they had multiple spots available. They DO NOT have water hookups at each site, the lady in the phone said they had water but didn’t clarify you have to fill up. I got trailer all disconnected and leveled and finally realized, no water. Had to re hook up and go to spicket to fill. Other then that nice campground near lake and has a very small beach front and picnic area.

Not a great spot for RVs

This park is a CCC built park. Lots of twists and turns for an RV to get to their spot. We have a longer TT, and it was tight and nerve wracking to navigate. We had reserved a spot that was supposed to be long enough for our trailer, but was not. They were luckily not full but the spot we found was on a slope and uneven. I thought about driving 4 hours back home rather than continue to try to get the RV level. Someone across the way took pitty and helped us. I think the best RV spots are up the hill by the bath house.

On Lake Okoboji but heavily wooded no view, acorns dropped on our roof every 10 minutes, I was afraid it would bust the skylight. Marshy area by the tent sites tons of mosquitoes. If you can get a spit at Emerson down the road, do that. Bath house and playground ok. No one answered the phone, no one at the ranger station. Rode our bikes down the road to get the bike trail.

Lake Okoboji doesn't disappoint

The campground had nice facilities and was well maintained. Very close to the lake and a neat nature walk. The campsites were a but muddy, but not too bad. Wish I had more time here, would be a great place to stay while exploring everything Okoboji has to offer.

Unknown, Basic, Beautiful

Gull Point State Park is a great, unknown campground. I stayed here before they had a big fire so I can't for certain say what it is now. However, at the time, there were very few campers (none around us) and it had basic amenities like bathrooms, sinks, etc. The best part was walking down the campground roads and we stumbled upon the beach psot (too many sticks, etc. to enjoy) but we loved lying out on the dock soaking up the sun. Few boats went by and it was a lovely day. I'd definitely stay here again for a camping treat away from it all.

Year 2021 Flag