The best BOAT IN camping near
Kimmell , INDIANA

Most Recent Kimmell Camping Reviews
TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

Owner is not customer orientated. Cannot keep a staff or lifeguards more than 1 season. Lost 14+ seasonal rentals just last year because of POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!! We were one of them. Had been there 8 years and every year it keeps getting worse. LOOK OUT FOR BEDBUGS IN THE CABINS!! They won't tell you they had them so make sure you look carefully!! Don't expect any assistance if you need help or have a complaint. Security at night is terrible. People park outside the gate and come in stealing golf carts and everything else. Owners son took golf carts one year and parked them in the woods across the street. IF YOU CAMP THERE DONT SAY YOU HAVEN'T BEEN WARNED!!!

Great outside of Covid

We had a really great time. Good cell coverage. Lots of security, playgrounds, well kept trails, a beach, general store. This place is MASSIVE. You will need to pay a one time entry fee 9 for out of state, 7 for in state. After you check into the campsite you will have a pass. We got a space with direct access to a huge playground, but it was closed for Covid. Major bummer. There are LOTS and LOTS of playgrounds so we had a lot of temper tantrums from my normally very well behaved toddler. He goes days and days without fussing but seeing playgrounds he can't use is too much, lol The swimming area is great for kids. They have lots of stuff for sale. I posted pictures so you can budget. Overall this place was perfect, the only downside is the temporary closures. A Walmart Supercenter is 30 minutes away. The general store really has anything(including tents) that you might need but it's overpriced as you would expect. We were able to stay on property all 5 days! Extra bonus! We were here on Memorial Day and we saw 0 people on a morning hike.

Nice sites

Owners are friendly and do a good job keeping the camp nice

Family Friendly with Space

Solid campground with space between the sights. Great for families, has a general store with essentials, and lots of activities. A little pricy.

Enjoyable Experience

Campground has improved over the years. Trees planted are providing better shade lots.

About what you’d expect

Only stopped here for the night to catch a rest so cannot speak to the trails or lakes. The place was nice enough at first glance that I’ll be back to check all those things out if I’m ever around these parts again. Would I make a many-hours-out-of-my-way detour for this place? Maybe… if the online booking looked like the park campground wouldn’t be terribly booked, because the sites are pretty jammed in there and close together, so you’d want to be there when it is less busy.

There were very cute friendly cats that came out at night to comb my site to see if there were any foodstuffs to be had. I prefer them over rodents, but missed the overly-friendly raccoons I’m used to :)

Great Summer/Fall long/short stay

The property owners are friendly and hardworking. Great fishing, amenities available. This is one of the first places I felt gave me a bang for my buck. Park near store and get great WiFi….I spent 14 days streaming, gaming and watching movies. This is campground is definitely a diamond in the sand.

Very nice and friendly

Stayed for a weekend. The campground was clean sites were all very nice and pool was really clean. The dog park was a nice added bonus. It could very possibly become our new weekend getaway

Hidden in Plain Sight

I grew up in Ft. Wayne, so when I think of this campground I always think of Johnny Appleseed Festival. We have recently purchased an RV and plan to use it full time. We wanted to stay in town prior to traveling.

During our stay, I continued to forget that I was in the city. The park is connected to the river greenway which is a beautiful walk along the river!

I was also impressed with how clean the bathrooms and showers were!

Great and clean!

Really nicely maintained facilities and campsites. Decently busy family campground. Lots of children running around biking skating etc… Very safe feeling! :-)