Camping in The Woodlands

Recent Walk-In Reviews Near The Woodlands, Georgia

439 Reviews of 35 The Woodlands, Georgia Campgrounds

Brandon L.
Reviewed Sep. 20, 2021

Great year round! Pack warm layers in winter.

There’s a little something for everyone here. Fishing in the lake, renting paddle boats, putt putt, short hikes, long hikes, MTB trails,… you name it! The area has had lots of bear sitings so keep that in mind. We had our marshmallows snatched right off of our picnic table 2ft behind us one night!!…

Sitetent camping
Ava C.
Reviewed Sep. 18, 2021

beautiful campground

This was actually my first time ever camping out of a rv, easy hookup and nice space for rv/fire/table and then some. I had a campground with a lake front view and u couldn’t be more content. If you want a really good view I recommend camp site 07/08/09 I’m at 09.

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2021

Nice shady campground on a hill

We have visited Sloppy Floyd twice and would stay again. Nice large spaces, could be more level. Great for families and kids with large playground. Clean bathhouse with$1.50 load laundry. Nice Camp host has been there for years and looks after the kids

S
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2021

Awesome lots off the water

We had a great time summer camping with our boat, RV, friends & kids! Would definitely recommend booking early snd getting one of the lots that slopes down to the water.

Site38 I think
Ursula B.
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2021

Redtop campground

Beautiful and quiet camping on the water! Campgrounds are clean and well kept with friendly keepers. We loved our camping trip and thoroughly enjoyed the trails and walking trails that cut through the campground Iron Hill.

Sitecan't remember back of campgrounds on the water in a camper back in spot
Month of VisitDecember
MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2021

Very relaxing

My wife and i did the walk in tent camping. We had a nice, relatively secluded spot. This area of Lake Lanier is pretty quiet. Great fit kayaking or paddle boarding.

E
Reviewed Aug. 29, 2021

Great spot but few issues

We were at spot #61 and the view and privacy was fantastic. We originally were in spot “v” but their electricity stopped working. no shade whatsoever at 61 and ANTS, ants everywhere. They managed to get in our vehicle and they swarmed our toddlers car seats. They managed to invade our camper also.…

• beach area
  • spot 61
wThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 16, 2021

On the lake

It is a very nice park with spots on the water that you can pull your boat up on a beach and leave it. Very clean with hot showers and rest rooms. Swimming beach available. Water and power but no sewer , dump station available. Lake Lanier is a beautiful lake

D
Reviewed Aug. 11, 2021

All types of camping

They have water Front camping on the weather and Forrest for RV’s of all sizes pull through and back in . Full hook-ups and dump station to boot . Also tent camping .

SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 9, 2021

Confusing check in

Beautiful sites but we gotta there at 5.... Told open till 10. Visitor check in closed and no directions on how you get in. Campground ended up being a few miles from check in. We weren't given coffee to get in gate.... Signs once in were one way but you couldn't tell where they wanted you to go.…

kThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 4, 2021

Relax

We camped and had a great weekend. I highly recommend it. Everything worked perfectly. Bathrooms very clean. beautiful view

kThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 4, 2021

Amazing

We were this weekend. It was wonderful. very quiet and very friendly organizers. All clean and very wooded. The lake was breathtaking. I highly recommend

terryl R.
Reviewed Jul. 31, 2021

Camping at Doll Mountain, Carter’s Lake

We just returned from a 4 day camping trip at Doll Mountain, Carter’s Lake. We stayed at a campsite that had water and electric. However, there was a septic dump site leaving the campground. At Doll Mountain there are all types of campsites. We have a RV and the site where we stayed was…

Daniel B.
Reviewed Jul. 28, 2021

Can’t wait to go back

Woodring campground is now one of my favorites. Beautiful lake views and access, great variety of hiking trails.

I am driving a 34’ class a and pulling a 16’ car trailer and was able to squeeze into this campground (barely). Had electric and water hookups. Water pressure is great coming from…

• Play button icon
Marion M.
Reviewed Jul. 24, 2021

Just adequate

Glad we stayed for only one night. Not horrible but not a place I’d want to stay any longer. No pull through sites, bumpy roads and not much dog walking space.