Mooreland , FLORIDA

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Mooreland Camping Reviews
Outdoor Florida

This is a beautiful park close to the Tampa area. The campsites are separated into 2 areas. Most are small and open. On our visit, there were NO friendly people here. Some good hikes in the park. There are a few places to launch kayaks and I went from campground up to rapids and back down. Good paddle, lots of birds. Roads are paved in park and its a big circle so great for bike riding. There are large day use areas and a beautiful huge pool. Concessions were closed not sure if seasonal or covid? There is a neat suspension bridge and class 2 rapids along hike. Also a CCC museum (closed). Don't arrive before check in time because you have to wait in day use area until "it's time" for you to check in. Great park but not a great vibe.

Site 82

Beautiful site very close to bathrooms/showers and gorgeous views.

However, be super weary of rats and raccoons (possibly rabid). PLEASE DO NOT FEED THEM.

A lovely state park

Really enjoyed our stay here, good size lot, #10, with electric, water, picnic table and fire ring. Clean dump station. Natural trees providing privacy between lots. A lot of walking trails for people and horses. A surprise was the amphitheater. Washers and dryers are located outside the bathrooms. Friendly hosts and other campers. Would came again.

Beautiful views!

If you want a very clean park, lots to do like kayaking, sandy beaches, short island excursions with picturesque views, then this is the place! It’s very hard to get a reservation for a reason. It’s more expensive for a reason. Just wat h out for the raccoons as they will steal the food out of your hands if you let them, they are not scared of anything.

Well maintained sites, nice walking trails.

Tent camped at a site in loop one. Weather was nice, though we were warned it can get a bit muddy when it rains. Crowds were a bit higher on the trails during Saturday afternoon but Sunday morning was much more quiet and we saw lots of wildlife.

Nice trails and river

There were not a lot of things to do here beyond hiking and boating. The campground was small with about 30 sites, dispersed. Three pavilions for when people can have gatherings again. Tampa is not too far away, but the park is kind of removed.

Nice campground but RACOONS EVERYWHERE

We enjoyed our one night stay here outside of St. Petersburg! Secluded from town but not too far! The waterfront sites looked beautiful, especially if you have a kayak or paddle board to use! We stayed on the other side where the trail wraps all the way around for biking or walking. I do have to mention there seems to be a big critter problem here, raccoons kept us up for a good part of the night. I usually don’t mind wildlife but they seemed a bit rabid and aggressive, I was afraid to use the community garbages they had placed every 30 feet!

Beautiful, free campground

This campground is very peaceful and clean. It has 1 vault toilet that is decent but never had any TP for the 5 days I stayed so I assume it’s not checked regularly. You do have to apply for a permit to camp here through the SW Florida water management site. The campground is gated so you need a code to get in, which is a nice safety feature. There’s A primitive side & an equestrian side but during my stay it was all regular campers and nobody with any horses. There’s non potable water and 2 really nice shelters for picnics or gatherings. There’s at least 15 spots here, all a mixture of sun and shade. Most sites feel pretty secluded and never got full during my visit. Watch out for wild hogs during any hikes or trail rides as they are very active in this area. There’s a Publix just across the street and a gas station not even half a mile down the road. Super easy to get to and short drive down a dirt road. I’d definitely stay here again! No trash services so pack it out! Had 2-3 bars of 5G through AT&T.

Another Great Florida State Park

We needed a campsite near Tampa FL for a few days to meet friends visiting the area from up north. Being a Floridian, we’ve experienced FL’s state parks and found them to offer privacy between sites. We weren’t disappointed with Hillsboro River State Park. Weather was cool in February that allowed for comfortable hiking and biking. Good Verizon signal to allow for plenty of streaming.

Quiet and friendly

I arrived after the park was closed, but called ahead of time and they gave me a gate code to enter. The park is beautiful old Florida. The camping spots are tightly packed, but everyone was very friendly. I would definitely revisit!