Camping in Chemeketa Park

385 Reviews of 80 Chemeketa Park, California Campgrounds

D
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2021

Beautiful surroundings

Great place surrounded with beautiful redwoods. Clean & nice facilities, relaxing.

SiteDon’t recall
Month of VisitNovember
Jeremiah H.
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2021

Very nice!

Perfect temperature! The hikes and vistas and views are absolutely stunning!

Sitepoint lobos
David M.
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2021

From the start

We are beginning our search for a place to camp using a tent and driving in with car. We are looking for running water and bathroom use. This place so far is right. Will be continued....

Erin S.
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2021

Unique, no-frills campground close to Monterey

I had my doubts trying this campground out.  Right next to a race track? No potable water?  But it turns out my doubts were unfounded.  My daughter and I had a great time here!  A short list of things we liked and things we didn't.

Pros:

- Beautiful views!  Not every site has them, but most…

• Playground and view of the racetrack
  • Porta Potties closer to the site than the walk to the bathroom
  • I was assigned one of these sites first.  These are really trailer sites and SOOOO close together.  I asked for a change and they accommodated.
Jesus R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 24, 2021

Nice, friendly folks

Nice secluded place that's want to busy.

Stacie L.
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

Great park!

Campgrounds were great! We had site 95 and I have to say that our 26 ft trailer plus our truck was a tight squeeze. There were bigger sites that would've suited us better but it was a nice little tucked in site. The poison oak is prolific. Our site was literally surrounded by it. But if you can…

Alba M.
Reviewed May. 18, 2021

Awesome primitive camping

This is a primitive campground, no showers only vault toilets and restroom near visitor center ( 2 min walk from campground) both decently clean. Water for washing dishes is available. Spots are not close to each other so there is privacy. It is small, quiet, surrounded with beautiful views. Good…

• foggy hike
Luciana X.
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Great family campground

Great family campground with many trails around. Very clean amenities, great park rangers. All sites have a fire ring and picnic table. Definitely recommend!

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 14, 2021

Disappointing and overpriced

Convenient location. Just outside of San Francisco above the beach. Premium sites all washed out. Nothing more than an asphalt parking lot. We paid over $100 to be up against the road as far from the beach as possible. So disappointing.

Tanya R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 13, 2021

Twisty drive to a beautiful campground

Well maintained campground. Some smaller and uneven spots but worth it. Next to great hikes.

Bathrooms are great.

CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 12, 2021

Beautiful & Clean!

We loved camping here with our 25ft camping trailer. There was plenty of room for it on site 105, however if it was any higher it would be hitting tree limbs. Our site was private but easy to get to trails, showers, bathrooms. Etc. if you have littles the roads are paved so a scooter or bike could…

CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 11, 2021

Redwoods Magic

Excellent facilities, stunning location, great hiking. Spot 20 is secluded, choose wisely here! One of the few sites I've wanted nothing more than just stay and hang.

Toni  K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 9, 2021

Pretty close to other poeple

close to Big Sur and nice spot. Very close to other people. Can buy wood from the camp and shower!

Jennifer W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 8, 2021

Absent staff. Resort closed.

I drove to this area, telephoned, and Emailed the resort without any response. The resort is quite lovely, surrounded by trees and nature. It appears this campground is closed.

SiteUnavailable
E
Reviewed May. 2, 2021

Beautiful and clean

First time and definitely not the last. Loved the grounds. Clean and beautiful!