About Anthony Chabot Regional Park

Lake Chabot camping has something for everyone.

Anthony Chabot Family Campground, overlooking Lake Chabot, is a year-round getaway only 35 minutes from downtown Oakland and Oakland International Airport. The campground features 53 drive-to tent campsites, 10 walk-to tent campsites, and 12 RV/trailer campsites with full hookups (sewer, water, and 30 amp electrical). All sites have a picnic table and fire ring with grill. Restrooms include hot showers. Firewood and charcoal are available for purchase. The campground provides access to miles of hiking and mountain biking trails, along with fishing at nearby Lake Chabot. Park Naturalists lead campfire programs at the campground amphitheater, Saturday evenings from Memorial Day to Labor Day.

Anthony Chabot Regional Park features seven group camps ranging in capacity from 35 to 300 campers, reservations required (a minimum of 11 people to use the group campsites). All group camps include picnic tables, BBQ, fire ring, water, and chemical/vault toilets. Equestrian camping is available by reservation at Bort Meadow Group Camp. For reservations, call 1-888-EBPARKS (1-888-327-2757), option 2. Group campsites cannot be reserved online.

Backpack camping is available at Two Rocks site April through October, reservations required. Backpacking use is for groups of 10 or less and will be charged backpack fees. Two Rocks is located in the middle of Anthony Chabot Regional Park near other group campsites and is connected by a side trail to the Skyline National Trail, Bay Area Ridge Trail, and Juan Bautista de Anza National Historic Trail.

Two Rocks site may be reserved for backpacking no more than 30 days in advance and must be made at least 5 days in advance. For reservations, call 1-888-EBPARKS (1-888-327-2757), option 2. This site cannot be reserved online.

County
Anthony Chabot Regional Park is located in California
12 Reviews of Anthony Chabot Regional Park
So pretty

I loved this campground! So many wild animals

The area is peaceful and relaxing.

The area is peaceful and relaxing. We had a great view of the lake. The campground is very clean a the staff is super helpful. Great trails to walk on or bike. Great for families and dog friendly.

Very beautiful, a few downfalls

We went out to Lake Chabot this weekend for an extended family trip. First off, I think we lucked into the best sites in the place. We had sites 69-72. These four sites are down their own little loop so if your looking to do some group camping but dont want to pay for a group site, this is a great option for you. And site 69 butts up to one of the main hiking trails down to the lake. This is both good and bad. The views were amazing from these sites, but there are people walking through all day. We even had someone walk straight into our campsite with their dog to take a picture of themselves at the lake, and another person sat at one of our picnic tables to enjoy their lunch watching the lake while my entire family was sitting around them. I'm big on campsite etiquette and that left a lot to be desired here, which is why I gave 3 stars. The worst parts about this place though is that you cant swim in lake, which we knew going into it, and that you cant use your generator. Didnt make sense to me on the generator part but whatever. The eucalyptus trees were really cool and kept out the mosquitos which was amazing! If you are planning on going and want a place to swim, Cull Canyon Lagoon is a neat place and it's only 8 miles down the road (although itll take 20 mins to get there) and you need to get there by mid morning before they stop letting people in. Overall a neat place.

Perfectly decent.

$30/night for me and my old dog. Just out side San Fransisco. I needed a place to stay between Eureka and Vegas to break up the drive. It’s Late June so I didn’t want to drive down to the desert to camp, too hot. I was here on a Thursday before 4th of July and there were a few spots still available when I pulled in at 7:45pm. The sites are a bit close together but the neighbors were quiet and kept to themselves. I stayed in spot 35, up on the hill with a partial lake view. State parks are always nicer than KOAs (ew, all the noise and junky lights). Clean sites, well maintained and smelled like eucalyptus.

Great and local visit

Always went here when we don't wanna drive too far. Staff is great and place is clean. Campsite #69 has the best view but is next to trail. Very nice trails and not super far from town to get food.

Scenic Campsites with Great Hiking Trails

Anthony Chabot Campgrounds sits high up on the Castro Valley Hills overlooking Lake Chabot. There are several awesome hiking trails going down to the lake as well as some equestrian trails. The hiking trails go around the lake. Dogs are allowed but they should be on a leash. Lake Chabot has a marina that rents boats for recreational use and fishing. It's a few miles driver to get there from the campgrounds. I only gave it 4 stars because of that. They have tent and RV campsites, but no RV hookups.

perfect car camping spot 30 min from city

as usual some spots are better than others but most close to restrooms and/or water. lots of poison oak and star thistle right off trail. great deterrent for kids to stay out of tick areas but id worry if we brought dogs! we were at #45, family sites and there were families with kids all over. there even was a patch of grass for kids to play on. trails nearby good for easy mountain biking and hiking

Beautiful and quiet!

Paradise an hour from the city. It is great for laid back camping! Karl the fog even likes it! Go check it out!

Very nice campground, great for a quick getaway

Amazing urban get-away

We love Anthony Chabot! The eucalyptus groves make the air smell wonderful, and there is so much wildlife to see (deer, turkeys, owls, etc.). It's a great natural area that is so conveniently located in the Bay Area. There is an extensive network of trails accessible from the campground. It's popular, especially on the weekends, and I'd recommend reservations. Restrooms are fairly clean, there are showers, and recycling collection, which I appreciate.