Campo Bonito , ARIZONA

Most Recent Campo Bonito Camping Reviews
Beautiful Saguaros!

Relatively easy access from main road for most any vehicle, just take it slow and watch for ruts, especially after a rain.

There are many cool places to pull off and camp, but stay on established open spaces, we saw little baby things trying to grow all over the place so don’t squash them. We arrived on a Wednesday, and it was peaceful and quiet and serene until that Friday, when a group of guffawing dude-bros took up camp across the road from us. Voices carry here, especially this type of voice. The ranger drove down Pipeline Rd in a truck to check on things several times, something I always appreciate.

You can hear road noise the closer you are to the main road (W Avra Valley Rd), especially trucks driving to and from the quarry, which can sound like thunder. Beautiful landscape, saguaros everywhere, beautiful sunrise and sunset, very peaceful despite the truck noise. If we had a rig that could make it in further we would have camped further away from the road to minimize the noise. Pretty regular traffic going in and out on Pipeline Rd, campers and ATVers.

Free range cattle also in the area.

Good verizon and AT&T service.

Wanted to love it

We did not end up camping here. Beautiful location. Road is super rough and narrow in spots going up Mt Graham. Drove up end of June 2020 and there were so many cars parked that you could not drive the camp ground loop to check out the sites. It did not appear to be monitored by a ranger so people were parked everywhere. Like 4 and 5 cars to a site. Lots of dispersed camping in the way up the mountain. Worth the drive in my opinion to check it out but overall disappointed.

Nice place full of snowbirds oblivious to COVID-19

This was an amazing place in every way . . . except one which is very important to us personally. We stayed for a couple of nights in December 2020, when COVID rates were skyrocketing everywhere & especially Arizona. We had just come from a KOA in New Mexico which had 100% mask compliance throughout the campground. Here, despite the infection rates there was zero mask compliance amongst campers anywhere in the campground. The staff wore masks and we watched them diligently clean campsite furniture after campers checked out. But, nothing was done to encourage compliance from campers. In NM there were signs everywhere. Here, however, they were actively encouraging campers to gather at group (super spreader) activities. Seriously? Over 300,000 dead and they go on to host a full slate of weekly KOA sponsored activities and pancake breakfast like nothing is happening? The pool area was full of unmasked people. No one wore a mask in the restroom or laundry. There were constant, yelling unmasked kids running through our site. Four adult males gathered on one site openly heckled my wife for wearing a mask while she walked our dog. It was callous, very disappointed.

Have to pay cash or check

Justin's Diamond J doesn't allow credit card payment and doesn't have online reservations. It's adult only and had a bunch of restrictions. No use of washers/dryers in RVs, no streaming/skyping, no electric heaters. Breed restrictions on pets. See photo for brochure. There are pickleball/tennis courts, a dog area, horse shoes and bocce ball. Sites are full hookup. Premium sites offer better views and have more privacy.

Great stay

This park is really clean and all of the employees are super friendly, and helpful. They have activities for kids, bicycle rentals, several small putting greens, and a BBQ restaurant, that will deliver to your campsite. The pads are fairly level and covered in pea gravel. Very easy to setup. We really enjoyed our stay.

One of the best KOA's

Great spots, all with a seating area. Fruit trees at our spot. As it is winter now in most states, people tend to stay throughout the winter. Come in the summer and they'll have covered spots.

We'll definitely will be back next winter.

Amazing

This is our new home for the next two years! Visited a few RV Parks in Tucson after accepting a job at the VA here and I must say we feel in love when we stayed here! The staff is friendly, the facilities are clean, and the long term residents are welcoming.

Enjoyed it here

Nice RV resort, pool, hot tub, gym, laundry, playgrounds, and a rib restaurant on site. Some sites had hammocks, a few had private dog "parks" (approximately 3' aluminum fencing with chicken wire attached on inside of fence to prevent escapes), some had fire chimneys built into the site, they also had a row of solar panels raised high enough above the site to provide shade when parking under them. The sites have decorative rock, concrete pad and usually a nice round metal table with 4 matching chairs or a higher table with 4 chairs. My site, as did a lot of others, had flowing fruit trees, other sites had different types of beautiful trees. The hook ups were easy to see, easy to access and we're illuminated at night. In the evening they have life entertainment and beautiful fire bowls situated around adirondack chairs at the pool area. Very pleasant atmosphere. There's a mail room, a gift shop and valet trash pickup at your site. A gate guard is either on duty or the front office will buzz you in. I enjoyed their landscaping since it was so different that what I see at home. I fell in love with the barrel cactus so much so that I picked one up to take home with me from a near by garden store only to find out that don't grow in my home state of Florida. (Probably why I have never seen one before.) Not wanting it to die I donated it to the park where they assured me it would be planted and enjoyed. The park is very clean and we'll maintained. The employees friendly and helpful. This was a great park. I look forward to returning one day.

Riggs Flat Lake

Beautiful area and the lake is great for fishing. The road up is long unpaved and rough so not ideal without 4 wheel drive. The campground was peaceful. Smelled and then saw skunks. Pit toilets and they were NOT clean.

Riggs Flat

The fishing is great for beginners and kids, not hard at all and the entire lake is easily accessible. The views from the top are great, the road in up the mountain is not ideal for small cars since its unpaved for a few miles up. There were a lot of skunks in the area and they will get into your things at night if you don’t clean up.