Standard (Tent/RV)
RVs and Trailers
No Sanitary Dump
No Sewer Hookups
No Water Hookups
Redington Pass - Dispersed Camping is located in Coronado National Forest in Arizona
5 Reviews of Redington Pass - Dispersed Camping
Gem Near East Saguaro NP

It’s just past the Tanque Verde Falls trailhead parking lot. Beautiful views and lots of RVs around. Off-road route can be bumpy but worth it. Car camping OK.

Great for Car/Van Camping, but not Trailers

We tried to camp here on a Tuesday evening (01/19/21) and all of the spots were full, to our surprise. We brought our small tow-behind popup camper up the winding road until we reached the information pull-off, and decided to unhitch there and continue up the road in search of an empty spot with just our car (Subaru Crosstrek). The road is very bumpy, with lots of potholes and washouts. I would personally not suggest towing anything up this road, unless you’re an experienced tower perhaps with OHV tires/capabilities. This would be a lovely spot, had we been car camping. The foliage is beautiful and the view of Tucson is amazing, I’d love to come back here without a trailer. These spots, although they are more like small side-of-the-road pulloffs than campsites, are definitely better suited for conversion vans or truckbed campers, as every space we saw was very uneven and sandy.

Peaceful at night

The directions to this area were accurate. Multiple sites off of the dirt road. Traffic was a little heavy during the day but died down at night. Shooting was allowed after a certain point so gunshots were heard during the day. The site I stayed had a lot of broken glass and random garbage. I filled a couple grocery bags of cans and bottles. The views were phenomenal during the day and even better at night. For a free campground I cannot complain. I would stay here again.

Good for small RV or camper van

Didn't look like it'd be very comfortable to pitch a tent on the ground, probably best for small RVs and camper vans. The road up is twisty and bumpy. Mountain biking just up the road.

Beautiful views, but noisy!

Stayed: 10/8/2020- FREE

Site: 32.256182, -110.659613

Vehicle: Hyundai Rogue

Equipment: Tent

This was an absolutely beautiful site above the city of Tucson! Definitely a popular spot. On the satellite view on maps, it seemed like there were a lot more sites than there are. We pretty much took the first open spot that we found (coordinates above). *See photo* Photo is looking west (top of pic) to east (bottom), as you travel UP Redington Rd.

We had a nice area to park the car and a second area to setup our tent. There was even a third area beyond that, for another tent or a second spot for a campfire fire. Overall, it was a huge site, if you’re pitching a tent. I uploaded a video that shows the entire site. The video is shot between the 1st & 2nd areas. Parking to the left, and we pitched the tent next to the fire pit you see. The person walking toward the camera on the far right is coming from the 3rd area!

Directly across the road (Redington Rd), were a bunch of cacti. We hung out over there for a bit during sunset and got some really cool pictures. Awesome views of the sun going down over Tucson were available on both sides of the road. *See photos*

There was a lot of trash, which was disappointing. I filled up the one bag that I had, and barely made a dent. As other reviews say, there is quite a bit of noise. During our one-night stay, there were tons of 4x4s and dirt bikes passing quite often. Definitely a heavily trafficked road.

Pretty easy to get to. I just plugged the coordinates in and it was easy to find. Would absolutely stay again. You can’t beat these views for a free nights’ stay!

AT&T: 1 bar 5G