Bar Nunn, WYOMING
Most Recent Bar Nunn Camping Reviews
Very nice

Very clean!!! Only vault toilets but were the cleanest I have ever seen. It does not have power or water but does have enough room for a big RV. it’s on the lake so the view is beautiful. It is 10$ a night well worth it.

Nice Campground with good fishing

This campground is right off the road. Blink and you will miss it. Sitting right next to the Platte river. This allows great access to early morning and early evening fishing. Only downside is the mosquitos are pretty heavy there in July and August.

Perfect for Fly Fishermen!

Day use access and six overnight campsites with vault toilets, fire rings, trash bins and covered picnic tables right on the North Platte River. Tent pads and room for RV’s. Walk down bank for fishing access. $10 for overnight camping on a first come first serve basis.

An amazing area

You can't actually camp at Hell's Half Acre but less than a mile down the road is wild life refuge with dispersed primitive camping with a vault toilet, picnic table on the river, no water but this is such an amazing area and the night sky is star filled.

Quiet and beautiful

a nice quiet campsite on top of muddy mountain. didnt see many people around and had a nice view from our campsite. definitely recommend!

A nice stopping point

A gorgeous area but there are not many places to camp anymore! Hells half acre is mostly fenced off.

great local spot!

great local spot with a view just down the road and some nice hiking trails

Camping in the woods

We really enjoyed camping at Casper Mountain. We specifically stayed at the Bear Trap campground. You have plenty of room to put your tent and keep it far from your cooking area.

Beautiful views & cheap campsite

From the lodgepole campground, you can see beautiful views on top of Muddy Mountain. and the campsite was really cheap! will definitely be back there

Lakeside view

So beautiful next to the lake and you can rent kayaks or paddle boards (and other things!) from Alcova resort. My friends and I had fun kayaking and jumping into the lake afterwards.

Camped on a pull off on Fremont Canyon road near a climb we wanted to do the next morning. We were nestled in between some sage brush and junipers and about a 10 minute hike down the side of a cliff was a beautiful river and our climbing spot. Many fisherman would visit thhroughout the day and wade in the river looking to get rainbow trout. Beautiful remote spot!

Awful

if you enjoy sleeping on rocks, and lots of truck noise from an interstate stay here. Tent lots are right next to the road with no shade

beautiful seenery

primitive camping with all the benefits of lake camping!

lake camping

beautiful seenery with primitive camping, water sports, fishing, hiking, you name it!

lake camping!

nice campground with beautiful seenery, fishing, water sports, and hiking

great views

nice primitive campground with lake, fishing and hiking right out the door! there is not much for shade so bring an awning or shade cover!

Quiet

Nice and clean bathrooms, quiet, trails to walk that are easy for everyone, close to Casper but not crowded. FIre rIngs, picnIc tables, and most sItes have room for more than one tent.

An oasis in the desert

Let me start by explaining that 3-stars is usually the highest an RV Park will get from me. I am tempted to give it 4, but some pretty great places have a 4 from me (like Yellowstone). I believe that rating everything high, kind of causes the system of starring to lose perspective. 1 Star=Never Again, 3 is average, and 5 Stars=I don’t ever want to leave. As much as I car camp for convenience, I prefer more remote spaces, which is not an RV Park (so there is my bias). 3 is an average rating and this is a really nice spot—but being in the middle of not-much in South Eastern Wyoming, it’s hard to be totally wowed. Additionally, we camped here during the total eclipse of 2017. As a result, the Park was at maximum capacity, and I believe, expanding. The owners are super hospitable. Even with the event in progress, they did choose to charge more to camp rather than overcrowd the campers (much appreciated and very honest). There is an excellent game room. The showers are very clean. There is laundry and a small play area. The RV sites are the typical pull through RV Park sites, and not spacious. The campground, like much of Wyoming is flat, sunny, and with a gravel “yard” that replaced the tall, golden yellow grasses that stretch across these dry plains.

We camped in a tent. The owners had created new tent sites that were directly on the North Platte River. These tent sites, and the staff friendliness are earning the 3 stars. There were trees for shade and a nice breeze coming over the water. There was a good deal more privacy than the RV sites. My understanding was that these were intended to remain as permanent tent sites even after the eclipse. There are no hook-ups at all for the tent sites, and campers cannot back into their camp for convenient grabbing of stuff—a very short walk is required (but far enough to notice the distance). In some ways, this distance from the car, and the line of trees made the campsite feel a little more remote and like resting at an oasis in the desert.

Nice

We have never been letdown with KOA sites. Always friendly staff and quiet parks.

great access to Casper and Oregon Trail sites.

Clean bathrooms. friendly and accomodating staff. Good level sites with some space.

Definitely Wide Open Spaces...

We actually would rate this KOA campground as 3.5 stars, because there are some redeeming qualities, but overall it is a better place to just pass through for a night than to plan a long-term stay.

The location is very nice, being just north of Casper, Wyoming, and easy to get off and on the interstate. Surprisingly, this campground was rather quiet despite being near the highway. In addition, there are two bar and grill style restaurants that you can walk to within a couple minutes.

This campground has level sites, but everything is gravel outside of the playground. There are two areas that offer shade trees, mostly for the big rigs, but most sites are out in the sun and close together. We had to share our water and sewer area with the camper next to us. Luckily, he had an adapter for the intake hose, because his outlet was stripped and he could not hook up otherwise. I did not see any tent campers at the time of our stay, but there is a small area available that was grassy.

The pros of this campground include an INDOOR pool, which was heated and felt great. They have a mini-golf area that is due for renovation later this summer, so it is currently offered at no charge. It was fun enough for our 10- and 6-year-olds. The playground is small but nice, and the bathrooms are well-kept. We did not use the showers.

Another pro was the host, Susan. She was very knowledgeable about the area, sociable, and willing to work with anyone who had issues. I found her fun to talk with and she even gave our kiddos some free KOA cups!

Overall, if you need a place to stop for the night, this will suffice. If you want to park comfortably for a couple of days or more, you may want to look elsewhere.

Hiking, geology, good stopover

This is an easy hop down from interstate 25 on your trip across Wyoming with a lot of character. The natural bridge is lovely and there are bison. Our campsite was right next to the creek where you can splash and swim. They had some other entertainment options (volleyball, etc.) too. If you’re fishing you could spend a while here. Very clean. FREE but please leave a donation, this is the nicest county-owned park we’ve been to.

Great History

Natural Bridge is a must see if near Casper, WY! Has great history over indian folklore and was a safe haven for settlers moving west. There's a great side trail that leads to the top that I highly recommend (where the phone was taken) . Easy to get too, and great camping/ pick nicking.

Busy fishing area

This campground is in an area with several boat launch spots so it gets very noisy. It is also very windy here with no trees. There is a pay box before entering the campground, the fee is $10 a night. The campsites each have a shelter, picnic table,and fire ring that has an adjustable grate. The area has two pit toilets that are taken care of but heavily used. There are plenty of places to fish and four wheel.

Quiet for how busy it was

We camped out at Beartrap with another family from church. I have never camped here, and was surprised at how nice it was, even though it was really busy. All of the campsites were occupied, but it was never loud, with the exception of a couple of dogs in the middle of the night. We were allowed to have a fire, so we made a nice one in the fire pit, and grilled up some burgers and dogs. A great thing about this campground is that most, if not all, of the campsites have water. The bathrooms are really nice compared to most campsite restrooms. I mean, it is still just a hole in the ground, but it didn't stink like others that I have encountered. The campsites are roomy, but only a few are flat enough to set up our rooftop tent. I would recommend this site if you are looking for a fun place to relax :)

Decent area, good for early morning kayaking

A nice area surrounding a cove off of Alcova. Can sometimes be busy with people putting boats in or other campers. Some spots allow you to hear everything in the surrounding spots. However still a very nice area. Perfect for putting in a kayak or canoe in the morning before most motor boats get out.

fun at the gorge

Had a blast great fishing and the water was great!