Fires Unknown
Private
River’s Edge RV and Cabin Resort is located in Wyoming
2 Reviews of River’s Edge RV and Cabin Resort
Nice RV Park

Nice campground near Casper, WY. We just stayed for one night and they were able to accommodate us arriving late with us calling ahead. There is a grassy area by the river that is nice to walk your dog. Shower and bathroom area was clean. There is a little playground for kids.

The only cons was it is close to the train which was a noisy when it came by, but didn’t prevent us from sleeping. Full hook ups, pet friendly.

An oasis in the desert

Let me start by explaining that 3-stars is usually the highest an RV Park will get from me. I am tempted to give it 4, but some pretty great places have a 4 from me (like Yellowstone). I believe that rating everything high, kind of causes the system of starring to lose perspective. 1 Star=Never Again, 3 is average, and 5 Stars=I don’t ever want to leave. As much as I car camp for convenience, I prefer more remote spaces, which is not an RV Park (so there is my bias). 3 is an average rating and this is a really nice spot—but being in the middle of not-much in South Eastern Wyoming, it’s hard to be totally wowed. Additionally, we camped here during the total eclipse of 2017. As a result, the Park was at maximum capacity, and I believe, expanding. The owners are super hospitable. Even with the event in progress, they did choose to charge more to camp rather than overcrowd the campers (much appreciated and very honest). There is an excellent game room. The showers are very clean. There is laundry and a small play area. The RV sites are the typical pull through RV Park sites, and not spacious. The campground, like much of Wyoming is flat, sunny, and with a gravel “yard” that replaced the tall, golden yellow grasses that stretch across these dry plains.

We camped in a tent. The owners had created new tent sites that were directly on the North Platte River. These tent sites, and the staff friendliness are earning the 3 stars. There were trees for shade and a nice breeze coming over the water. There was a good deal more privacy than the RV sites. My understanding was that these were intended to remain as permanent tent sites even after the eclipse. There are no hook-ups at all for the tent sites, and campers cannot back into their camp for convenient grabbing of stuff—a very short walk is required (but far enough to notice the distance). In some ways, this distance from the car, and the line of trees made the campsite feel a little more remote and like resting at an oasis in the desert.