Camping in Spread Eagle

211 Reviews of 118 Spread Eagle, Wisconsin Campgrounds

Rich B.
Reviewed Sep. 26, 2021

Camp in the clouds

First night so far everything is going really good 🐱

Month of VisitOctober
Dave P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2021

Peaceful campground

Nice quiet campground. Sites are gravel and mostly level. Good shade in most areas. Facilities are good but limited. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Month of VisitOctober
P
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2021

Best campground

I love love love this campground every time we visit. We live nearby, and it’s the best place to just get away for a night or two. Would recommend to anyone.

CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 3, 2021

Beautiful campground

Got a great site on the lake, some sites are huge and a few are reservable , nice bathrooms, nice trails to hike and close to eagle river for supplies

Ryan B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 2, 2021

Excellent

This was my wife and I’s first trip to the U.P. And we were pretty much the only ones here. It was absolutely beautiful and quiet. The Michigamme river is amazing. Decent fishing here as well. We caught some small mouth.

Greg H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 2, 2021

Peaceful, Spacious sites

This is one fantastic campground, huge pull through site, I stayed in site number 41. It’s a little tight at points, the site I stayed at was near the very back of the campground.

Fantastic facilities, bathrooms and free showers we clean and in great condition. Appreciate the modern amenities at…

SiteSite 41
Brandy M.
Reviewed Aug. 30, 2021

Bewabic

Nice wooded sites. Most have a good buffer between sites. The lake was very clear, although the beach did have a fair amount of goose poop on it.

SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 25, 2021

Great spot,

Beautiful lake, great swimming area, secure, full hook ups. Very helpful we came in late night- they left reservation info in the mail box for us. They have wrist band identification system and they do enforce it. There were several Large floating climbing structures in the swim area. …

robin F.
Reviewed Aug. 22, 2021

This park is naturally beautiful. No fancy but bath house is above average and everything is very well kept. Beautiful trails and a gorgeous lake for swimming and kayaking. Can accommodate and size rig or tent. Very reasonable price

Noah W.
Reviewed Aug. 22, 2021

Plenty of availability poor hospitality

I stayed here just one night last minute and they had plenty of spots available, it was mostly peaceful although they don’t really enforce the quiet time considering there was someone playing music and singing across the way 2hrs past when you’re supposed to be quiet. If you try and talk to the…

• site 106
RThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 20, 2021

Bass Lake State Forest Campground

Bass Lake is a rustic campground situated on, you guessed it, Bass Lake. It has 22 sites, nearly all of which have buffers in between them. Six of the sites are right on the lake and have their own private lake access. This campground is a first-come, first-served, self-pay operation. There is a…

Rebecca W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 19, 2021

Heaven

So amazing - I almost want to give this campground one star and discourage people because it is so amazing, and I'm selfish. For someone who GREATLY values hidden gems where you can get really out and remote, this place is a an absolute heavenly oasis.

Access is from 41 turn on the gravel road…

• Craig Lake
  • View of small launch/beach from campsite 8. Haze was a little heavy from fires in Canada/Minnesota I believe
SiteSite 8
Matthew O.
Reviewed Aug. 15, 2021

Nice forest and lake

Overall nice place. Sites are spacious, a little too close together for my taste. Other campers were quiet and friendly however. Pit toilets hadn’t been cleaned in almost two weeks.

Steve S.
Reviewed Aug. 11, 2021

Nice campground.. things for kids to do

Nice campground on the lake, with a big beach… They have a water toy park . I would come back.. good wifi

Hannah I.
Reviewed Aug. 5, 2021

My favorite place

My family has been coming to Franklin Lake for decades. It’s hands down our favorite campground in Wisconsin. You can get campsites on the lake, or you could get more secluded sites further back into the woods.

The water is crystal clear and there’s a beach that can be used if you don’t have a…