The best BOAT IN camping near
Whiteshop Estates , VIRGINIA

Most Recent Whiteshop Estates Camping Reviews
Glamping!

We stayed in a yurt, and I’m gonna let the photos do most of the talking👌🏼🛖

We got here super late and we’re still able to check in because they’re at the desk 24/7.

Yurt has a full kitchen and bath. Coffee, popcorn, toiletries, linens provided.

Such a sweet little spot tucked outside of the Blue Ridge Mountains.

Camping During Covid

Stayed first weekend of Spring, some of the campsites are on a creek or river. Only $1o due to Covid, loads to do including a rather enormous grass clearing for picnic, bridge and cabin, fishing and hiking complete with billboards describing the hike. It was beautiful and the stars at night were breathtaking. We met one of the volunteer park rangers who suggested we drive about 15 min into town to Woodstock to a viewpoint and right below is a local store where they make THE BEST homemade sandwiches and desserts.

*Temporarily Closed*

Searching for camp spots for the weekend and just found out this one is temporarily closed (writing this on 4/14/21). Hope they open again because it looks awesome! 🔥

Large, level and well spaced.

Some of the largest sites we’ve ever seen in a state park. I don’t believe there is a bad site in the park. We had rabbits grazing at our site too. Shenandoah NP is about a 10 mile drive away.

Great for hiking and biking!

Have waited six months into our RV life to start reviews for fair comparisons. Spent two nights. Nice site backing into the woods and the leaves were changing. Great hiking and biking from the campground. Love having the access to the lake. Great areas for dog walking. Family next door was really loud, but not the campgrounds fault.

Nice camping

We were there in March so it was still a bit cold and not really sitting outside and enjoy it weather. The campground was nice and very clean. Our site was not exactly level but I think it was because we were in the first spot on a row and it had a slant. The others looked pretty level. The staff everywhere was amazing and eager to please. I can’t say enough good about the hospitality there! The sites were full hookup. A grill and table and chairs were also available. A fire ring was there also. The laundry facility was very nice and clean… and free. We didn’t take advantage of the multiple activities there but we did see people riding horses. Looked like a good time! We drove about 25 minutes to the Monticello and enjoyed it a lot! Would definitely stay again if we ever find ourselves in the area.

It’s a no from me.

This place was $30 just to enter and it was super duper packed. We turned around and found a great boondocking site nearby.

Too bad I had to leave

Loved it! I’d love to spend a week here some time. There is no bad site in this campground. Immaculate upkeep. Lots of walking and hiking trails. Verizon has no signal at all, but AT&T was fine. Clean bathrooms, large showers, dump station. Water and electric on site but no sewer connection. Large campsites with picnic table and fire ring.

Amazing Campground!!!

My boyfriend and I stayed at this campground in March of 2021. We went to the area to visit Skyline Drive and Shenandoah National Park.

We stayed in site #11. The sites weren't right on top of each other, but you could definitely see other sites across the road. There were a few that caught my eye for future trips, but this one was lovely enough!!

This is a small campground, which made it feel very homey. All of the campers were so friendly. The camp host was also a joy! Always had a smile on his face. Most of the sites are 60' long and very spacious!!

Dogs are welcomed with open arms at this campsite!! My two doggos had a great time. Just be careful!! One of mine ended up with a thorn in his foot pad.

Will definitely return to this campground in the future!

Great campground!

We stayed here on the night of December 11, 2020. No problem finding a spot, campground was about half full when we got there around 4pm. The Primitive Camping spots were all taken however, so arrive early if you want one of those. Water and electrical available at all the spots even though it was winter. Bathrooms and showers were nearby and clean. No cell service but the Visitor’s Center has WiFi available. Lots of hiking and mtb trails, although we only did a bit of walking. Campground is maybe 100 yds from the Shenandoah River and it’s beautiful down there.