The best BOAT IN camping near
Forest Hills Estates , VIRGINIA

Most Recent Forest Hills Estates Camping Reviews
Beautiful park

We stay here at least 6 trips a year. Nice layout, not all sites are level (half). Staff are always nice and go out of their way to help.

Camping During Covid

Stayed first weekend of Spring, some of the campsites are on a creek or river. Only $1o due to Covid, loads to do including a rather enormous grass clearing for picnic, bridge and cabin, fishing and hiking complete with billboards describing the hike. It was beautiful and the stars at night were breathtaking. We met one of the volunteer park rangers who suggested we drive about 15 min into town to Woodstock to a viewpoint and right below is a local store where they make THE BEST homemade sandwiches and desserts.

*Temporarily Closed*

Searching for camp spots for the weekend and just found out this one is temporarily closed (writing this on 4/14/21). Hope they open again because it looks awesome! 🔥

Great rustic site

Stayed at this campsite while Bikepacking the C&O… was a bit crowded and buggy but every site had its own picnic table and fire pit/grill. Bathrooms were clean and was quiet at night.

First time excellence

As a first timer, I wanted to show my girlfriend a good time for her birthday weekend. This park had everything you could want while maintaining a good distance from civilization, which was a smooth transition for me. The staff and campers were great and we even got to see the cub scouts doing a relay course. The trails were nice and clean and despite the weather, the overall grounds were beautiful. Definitely bringing the kids back to his one.

Large, level and well spaced.

Some of the largest sites we’ve ever seen in a state park. I don’t believe there is a bad site in the park. We had rabbits grazing at our site too. Shenandoah NP is about a 10 mile drive away.

Very pleased despite noisy and expensive

Have waited six months into our RV life to start reviews for fair comparisons. We stayed here to meet up with friends in Harpers Ferry. It has been our most expensive site in six months, but suspect that’s par for the course in this area. Prepare for the noise with the overhead zip lining (which is cool to watch), the frequent passing train, and the honking of horns going through the tunnel. All that being said, great view and the guy in charge couldn’t have been any nicer. Brought us free firewood for having to wait less than five minutes to get into our site, which we really didn’t mind. The reason it was delayed was they were creating a new site, and when we expressed the desire to stay longer than our initial reservation he let us take the new site. Yes it’s noisy, but we really enjoyed it. Great areas for dog walking. And can walk into town from the campground.

Beautiful Campground but Busy on weekends

This is our local go-to campground. Anytime we want to get away easily we visit Greenbrier. It has 4 loops near a small lake with swimming and boat launch. Great for kayaking& fishing with kids. There is a dog loop and an RV loop. Sits right off the Appalachian Trail. I think that they have a hiker pick up service.. as I've seen the rangers drop off backpackers into campgrounds. The lake& picnic area is crazy busy during the weekends. I do not camp on weekends here. Which is what gives it a 3 star. I find that the people ruin camping with lack of campground etiquette. But the campground hosts are quick to clean sites. and the park staff are wonderful. Fall time is gorgeous& quiet as well.

It’s a no from me.

This place was $30 just to enter and it was super duper packed. We turned around and found a great boondocking site nearby.

Too bad I had to leave

Loved it! I’d love to spend a week here some time. There is no bad site in this campground. Immaculate upkeep. Lots of walking and hiking trails. Verizon has no signal at all, but AT&T was fine. Clean bathrooms, large showers, dump station. Water and electric on site but no sewer connection. Large campsites with picnic table and fire ring.