The best GROUP camping near

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Ednas Mill Camping Reviews
A Good Overnight Stop

This place is a perfect stop for us on the way down south from Pennsylvania. Their pull-through site are perfectly sized. The campground is well-maintained and clean. This place makes it convenient to pull in, get your rest, and go. I’m sure it would be a great place to stay at to visit King’s Dominion as well! (we just haven’t used it for that reason yet!)

Impressed

Spent Halloween here on a last minute reservation and man were we happy! This campsite is remote to the rest of VA for the most part, but hey isn’t that what camping is all about? Site #16 was perfect. It was gravel site that was level and very well maintained. Possibly our favorite campground in a VA State Park so far, it was that great of an experience. Come stocked with food and water since I don’t think there’s any large food markets that are close by (I could be wrong). We had water hookups and electric. They also have firewood sold at the campground that they sell on the honor system.

Great place!

I’m bad with names, I must say very nice people I stayed a little over a month here.

Quick in town get away

Good little spot for last minute camping in town. There is a lake for fishing with boat rentals available. Not very quite as it’s located near a busy road. (Saunders road). You can hear cars ambulance etc. all night. You must reserve your spot in advance. RV, tent, hammock, and fire friendly.

Great campground on a hill, overlooking the rappahannock river.

We stayed here Sept 2020 during tropical storm and covid, lol. Was a great safe location in port of storm, the sites mostly drained well. Very few sites had issues. Was a wonderful stay, campground is huge, bring your golf cart or rent one there. They did a great job social distancing the management, while maintaining Cdc guidelines even for activities. Of course not everyone there social distanced but we wont go there. Lol. We attended the movie night drive in, was lots of space to park your golf cart more than 6 foot apart and enjoy the movie. Great job Greys Point!

Lovely and lively

Every camper’s dream spot. Seriously, this modern giant state park has it all: mostly private sites, a paved road for biking, plenty of tree cover( even in winter) a lifetime’s worth of trails to explore, and clean, legit bathrooms and showers. Firewood for sale by QR code, almost total darkness at night. Site 118 was perfect for our camper van. Could see one site across the road but other neighbors were mostly hidden. Short walk to showers and toilet. Powhatan Trail entrance is right off the loop and lovely, even in December. Pack your bags and go!

So Much To Do!

This campground is beautiful! We have been here multiple times but have only car camped here one night. This park has trails, a sprayground, playground, camping, cabins, nature center, and picnic areas. I love this park. It really is beautiful. We stayed here one night for a vintage scooter rally. The bathrooms were very clean and well lit. It was nice and quiet and I love the campsites themselves. It was a nice site with a picnic table, lantern holder, and tent pad. The camp store was closed by the time we arrived but we had everything we needed. We even did a little Geocaching fun while we were there. I love this park and look forward to more camping hopefully next year. They do have yurts and cabins too. Great place for stargazing but city lights are close by.

Meh!

This campground is definitely for trail bikers and RVers. The campsites fill up quickly. If you do not reserve your spot early, you may be placed near the road, where traffic is an issue. There is not much more to do at this park

Very nice

The water at the beaches is so shallow great for my son ! It’s a beautiful place !

Quiet & Great Customer Service

This is a nice quiet campground to enjoy outside of Richmond. We have a Class A and enjoyed the sites facing the lake. We stayed in site 119. Customer service is wonderful! If you have time, take the 15 minute drive or so to Mabel’s for a delicious cheeseburger and some crazy milkshakes! IG @mabelsrva