Brownwood, TEXAS

Most Recent Brownwood Camping Reviews
Camping

Love it

Awesome Day At Happy Camp RV Park

I was here to stay for 3 days due to some work. This was a park close to my work location. So I choose this RV Park. I don't regret my decision. As I was a good decision to stay. Free wifi, Clean Washroom that very important. Good environment.

Keep it Happy Camp RV Park

Quiet.

Sleepy little place.

Lake Brownwood State Park + Swimming + Boating + Fishing

I would rate this park 3.5 out of 5 stars. The park has a variety of facilities which earns it a 4 star rating. But the quality of the facilities only earns it a 3 star rating. So it averages out to 3.5 in my opinion.

Lake Brownwood State Park is pretty much located in the center of Texas. However, it is a bit of a drive from many of the major cities like Houston, San Antonio, Austin and Dallas. It is fairly convenient to reach from Abilene and San Angelo. If you need to pick up camping supplies there are grocery stores and sporting good stores in the nearby town of Brownwood.

The main attraction of the park is that it is situated on the shores of Lake Brownwood. There are ample opportunities to take advantage of lakeside activities like swimming, boating and fishing. There are a variety of camping options with tent sites, cabana sites and RV sites. At most of the sites there are nice oak trees that provide shade and can support a hammock. Note that Texas State Parks require 2 inch suspension straps when hanging a hammock. There are boat ramps, fishing piers and a loop hiking trail. The hiking trail is a loop trail, fairly level, but I would say moderately interesting. The real attraction of this park is the lake.

Some of the facilities such as the restrooms and the cabanas are a bit dated and could benefit from an update. The staff was very friendly when I visited. And the other campers were respectful.

I would like to say that I visited the park during a weekday when the park had few visitors. However, I've heard that on the weekend the park fills up quickly and can be quite busy.

Peaceful Stay!

We loved our stay at Copperas Creek, so quiet and peaceful. During the week we were one of two trailers in our area. Fishing is great off the nearby fishing dock and a lot of people came with boats. Sites 11-14 are in the shade and right on the water! The park rangers are wonderful and so kind and helpful. Downtown Comanche nearby has some neat places to stop(sorrells farm, stone eagle beer garden, Brennan vineyards, soda shop, & farmers market) Dublin nearby has Dublin bottling works, Lucky Vines Vineyard & Veldhuizen Cheese. Absolutely NO Verizon but three bars AT&T. We were in Site 30!

Very clean, nice campground

Corp of Engineers campground.  Very clean, playground, fishing, swimming.

Hidden jewel on Lake Brownwood.

This park is a gem. Located on the shores of Lake Brownwood. It’s a civilian conservation Corp park and has many wonderful pavilions and guest halls and guest houses for rent. Fishing, boating, hiking. Something for everyone!

Peaceful camping!

This camp ground is well kept. Plenty of RV spots and tent spots. We like to tent camp. The bathrooms are pretty clean and maintained, and you never have to go to far to get to one. We take our bikes to get around. I’ve gone to Lakeside since I was young for family reunions and camping and I love it. It’s always so peaceful and I love to watch the deer that roam around. My go to spot!

Campsite 50

Enjoyed our time at Lake Brownwood SP! Stayed at Campsite 50. It was close to the restrooms, but it was a private site. Hiked the Lakeside Trail and the lake was perfect for our kayaks!

Had a blast!

What an amazing place to visit. We enjoyed camping here, and loved finding gem places nearby. We did a hike that lead us to a wonderful water hole that we were able to jump in and swing off a tree into the water. We had such a blast. The campground was great, clean and the people working there were awesome. They gave us the idea to hike to the place with the water hole. THe rangers were super helpful and nice! Recommend talking to them. Also, the campsite were big. The bugs drove me nuts! Bring bug spray however i felt like that didnt really work for me!