About Concho Park - O.H. Ivie Reservoir
No Phone Service
Concho Park - O.H. Ivie Reservoir is located in Texas
1 Review of Concho Park - O.H. Ivie Reservoir
Very Low Lake Levels Made It an Endurance Test
- There is no "lake" at this time. It is more like a narrow stream that winds through a valley. At 17% capacity when I visited in June 2018.
- There are drive-up campsites with electrical and water hookup, but apparently water had not flowed through the pipes going to my campsite in a very long time. When I opened the water valve, a flood of ants preceded a brown geyser of dirty water. I closed the valve and never opened it again during my overnight visit.
- There are primitive sites that overlook the "lake," but in the absence of water the view is surreal. It's actually a young forest trying to establish itself.
- You can get a burger and fries for lunch or bacon and eggs for breakfast at the Concho RV office. The staff are very friendly and helpful.
- Black ants rule the park. Plan accordingly.
- The Concho RV park has restroom/shower facilities that are free to use. The toilets flush, there is hot AND cold running water, and there was plenty of TP available. I had to hang the mirror on the wall myself.
- I found only 1 campsite suitable for hanging a hammock.