the dyrt
Fires Unknown
Water Unknown
About Flatrock (Texas)
Flatrock campground is situated on Hords Creek Lake with nice shade from trees, a fishing dock and gravel swimming areas for beating the Texas heat. Natural Features: Hords Creek Lake is in the center of Texas, north of the Texas Hill Country. Gently rolling hills covered with live oaks make Hords Creek Lake a beautiful getaway, despite the sometimes unbearable heat. Recreation: Visitors come to Flatrock for fishing, boating and simple relaxation. The popular catches on the lake include largemouth bass, sunfish and white crappie. When water levels are high enough, water skiing is also a fun sport here. Facilities: More than 50 campsites have water and electric hookups - ten of which have sewer hookups. Seven group shelters are available for day use. The swim beach, open to all overnight campers, is in Flatrock Park in area #1. Boat ramps, fishing piers and fish cleaning stations are additional amenities at the park. Nearby Attractions: Circle the lake to cruise through neighboring Friendship Park and Lakeside Park. For a dose of city conveniences, head to Coleman, just eight miles east of the lake. ACTIVITIES Swimming Site
US Army Corps of Engineers
Flatrock (Texas) is located in Texas
Directions
From Coleman, TX, take Highway 153 west for 8 miles to the mainentrance of Hords Creek Lake. Follow signs into the campground.
3 Reviews of Flatrock (Texas)
Best places!!

Texas is one of my favorite places to visit. I went to college in Texas so visiting here is something I love to do. While in college my friends and I would do some camping and hiking on the weekends. Flat rock campground was a place we went a few times in my 4yrs of living here. This is a popular place for college students to go. The campground is well kept, but I’m sure locals hate college kids going here and camping. My friends and I are super respectful of noise and cleaned up after ourselves. The hiking was great nearby! Beautiful views of The city. There is only 1 bathroom here which was a little frustrating. And it’s a porta potty so that always makes it worse. There was a table and fire ring in the campsite!

Had a blast!

What an amazing place to visit. We enjoyed camping here, and loved finding gem places nearby. We did a hike that lead us to a wonderful water hole that we were able to jump in and swing off a tree into the water. We had such a blast. The campground was great, clean and the people working there were awesome. They gave us the idea to hike to the place with the water hole. THe rangers were super helpful and nice! Recommend talking to them. Also, the campsite were big. The bugs drove me nuts! Bring bug spray however i felt like that didnt really work for me!

Had so much fun!

We really enjoyed our stay here! The campground was great and met all our needs. We spent most of our time hiking and enjoying the beautiful weather. The campground was a bit small, but luckily we made our reservations a head of time. The campground was full when we got there. I loved it because they had a little sticker on our campground that said that campsite was taken. So when we got there all we had to do was go to the site we reserved and we were good to go. We got in to the campsite at around 6pm, so thankfully we did this and that they reserved our spot for us. In the mornings we went hiking and enjoyed the views, and in the evening we sat around the campfire and enjoyed each other and made some smores. Our site was right by the bathroom which was a good and bad thing. it was good because it was close to us but bad because it did smell a little. Id recommend getting a spot away from the bathroom to avoid those smells! Overall we enjoyed our stay and would come back. Another thing we enjoyed was mountain biking on one of the trails!