Bangs, TEXAS

Most Recent Bangs Camping Reviews
Not bad for a developed NP campground

Like all NP campgrounds, no fires are allowed which is disappointing. There are pit toilets which are incredibly clean however, the walk up to the flushing RV toilets isn't too far. I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of privacy at the sites because they seem pretty tightly packed at first. Each site has a nice tent pad and picnic table. The parking isn't very adequate and at most of the sites you will need to carry your gear from your car a little way to the campsites. Sites are first come first serve. We got there in the late morning during busy season and had several sites to pick from but the camp ground did fill every day. The views are decent from the campground. Location is ideal. It's pretty central in GMNP and only 30 minutes from Carlsbad Caverns NP(where they only have back country sites). Overall, not a bad campground and probably the best option around while visiting GMNP and CCNP if you're a tent camper(their RV parking lot looked terrible).

Camping

Love it

Basic National Park Campground

When you camp here in an RV you are basically parking in a parking lot.  It has a bathroom and all, but other than that - just a parking lot.  However, this is right at the trail head for Guadalupe Peak so if you are planning to hike that it is super convenient!!  Parking lots get full really early in the day and you end up parking at the visitor center and hiking down to the trial head.  But, if you stay here it makes it super easy to walk out of your door and hit the trails.  For that reason alone we would stay here!  It's not somewhere I would want to spend a week though.  Just a night to be able to easily jump on the trails the next morning!

Awesome Day At Happy Camp RV Park

I was here to stay for 3 days due to some work. This was a park close to my work location. So I choose this RV Park. I don't regret my decision. As I was a good decision to stay. Free wifi, Clean Washroom that very important. Good environment.

Keep it Happy Camp RV Park

Quiet.

Sleepy little place.

Lake Brownwood State Park + Swimming + Boating + Fishing

I would rate this park 3.5 out of 5 stars. The park has a variety of facilities which earns it a 4 star rating. But the quality of the facilities only earns it a 3 star rating. So it averages out to 3.5 in my opinion.

Lake Brownwood State Park is pretty much located in the center of Texas. However, it is a bit of a drive from many of the major cities like Houston, San Antonio, Austin and Dallas. It is fairly convenient to reach from Abilene and San Angelo. If you need to pick up camping supplies there are grocery stores and sporting good stores in the nearby town of Brownwood.

The main attraction of the park is that it is situated on the shores of Lake Brownwood. There are ample opportunities to take advantage of lakeside activities like swimming, boating and fishing. There are a variety of camping options with tent sites, cabana sites and RV sites. At most of the sites there are nice oak trees that provide shade and can support a hammock. Note that Texas State Parks require 2 inch suspension straps when hanging a hammock. There are boat ramps, fishing piers and a loop hiking trail. The hiking trail is a loop trail, fairly level, but I would say moderately interesting. The real attraction of this park is the lake.

Some of the facilities such as the restrooms and the cabanas are a bit dated and could benefit from an update. The staff was very friendly when I visited. And the other campers were respectful.

I would like to say that I visited the park during a weekday when the park had few visitors. However, I've heard that on the weekend the park fills up quickly and can be quite busy.

Peaceful Stay!

We loved our stay at Copperas Creek, so quiet and peaceful. During the week we were one of two trailers in our area. Fishing is great off the nearby fishing dock and a lot of people came with boats. Sites 11-14 are in the shade and right on the water! The park rangers are wonderful and so kind and helpful. Downtown Comanche nearby has some neat places to stop(sorrells farm, stone eagle beer garden, Brennan vineyards, soda shop, & farmers market) Dublin nearby has Dublin bottling works, Lucky Vines Vineyard & Veldhuizen Cheese. Absolutely NO Verizon but three bars AT&T. We were in Site 30!

Very clean, nice campground

Corp of Engineers campground.  Very clean, playground, fishing, swimming.

Gorgeous

Beautiful RV park located in Lajitas.  It has an outdoor pool and when we went in May, the water was cold but it was nice to float in the pool.  The staff were very helpful.  It was already starting to get hot at the beginning of May.

The stars are so bright at night and you can easily see the milky way galaxy.

Hidden jewel on Lake Brownwood.

This park is a gem. Located on the shores of Lake Brownwood. It’s a civilian conservation Corp park and has many wonderful pavilions and guest halls and guest houses for rent. Fishing, boating, hiking. Something for everyone!