Yurts
About Abilene State Park
Abilene State Park is located in Texas
14 Reviews of Abilene State Park
Well-run, lots of shade, sites close together

This is a nice park, but the sites are pretty close together.

little getaway

I used to go here a ton when I went to school in Abilene at Hardin-Simmons. It was not too far of a drive from the campus, and I even took class trips out here for our botany class. Campgrounds are decent (I have heard they have been much improved since I've been there). My times here were always fun little getaways from college life that provided me with a good time to unwind and relax. Trees aren't too tall for providing shade, and there are tons of mesquite trees, so watch out for thorns while you're walking.

Nice improved cg

Lots of spaces both with and without hookups. All sites have water. Plenty of trees for hammocks. Free showers, hiking trails, fishing at the lake across the road. Pool available as well.

Trees

The trees were so beautiful. A very small park but great for fishing. There is a wonderfully stocked pond and a lake where you can rent canoes. There was also a pool and a cool old water tower. There were numerous historical landmarks as the park was put together by the CCC.

Small park, but awesome !

For being a small state park it offers a lot of nice camping sights, for RVs and tents alike. There’s creeks running through the park aswell as a small fishing pond with crystal clear water. Nice easy hiking trails, and a bird blind. Just a nice getaway from civilization. We go there very often just to be outside and breath fresh air. And if you camp there, make sure to look up at night, what a view!

Nice wooded campground

Nice wooded campsites, bathhouses were nice and clean.Close to Abilene(15 miles).

Awesome!!!!

Two words -

NIGHT. SKY.

It was so incredibly beautiful, peaceful and quiet that we didn't want to leave. But we had to.

We were very late, but everything was set up for us when we arrived. It was easy to find our site, and set up. Morning was so refreshing!

Quiet Park

Abilene State Park has some decent walking trails & beautiful old buildings built by the CCC years ago. Some of the bathrooms need updating but overall an intetesti ng park.

Abilene State Park

Pretty nice place to camp. Just about everything you could possibly want for comforts. Wide range of camping opportunities from tent/hammock, to Yerts.

Awesome Abilene

I stayed for a few days in a yurt. What fun! The park was quiet the weekdays I was there. The bird watching blind is great! Well maintained and lots of bird activity. Very nice clean facilities.