The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Mountainbrook , TENNESSEE

Most Recent Mountainbrook Camping Reviews
This made me sad.

I live not far from here and we camped at site #3 we picked up so much trash in and around our site that it was sad.

Wonderful Camping

We stayed three nights in campground B and had a wonderful time exploring this park. Lots to do, not too crowded! Dog friendly! Kind and courteous staff and camp hosts. Spots were spread out just enough so we felt like we could fully enjoy our time in camp. Hiked the falls, kayaked in the lake and skipped rocks at George Hole. The scenic loop is a beautiful drive or bike ride. General store has a good stock of essentials if anything is forgotten. Overall we truly enjoyed Fall Creek Falls Camping!

Those views tho

Incredible views at a great state park! Stayed three nights over Easter Weekend in the East Rim. The East Rim is located on the main park road and about 5 minutes walk from the Trail Heads. Your camper is on display for all the day trippers but TOTALLY WORTH IT for the majestic views! Your afternoon stroll includes 2 waterfalls, multiple overlooks, woodlands, and gorgeous canyons. We drove over to the West Rim and it was much more woodsy and secluded, but we were there for the walking so did not mind the activity and open sites of the East Rim.

Bathhouse was tidy, stocked, and heated. Could use a deep cleaning, but nothing that was unsanitary. Super hot showers! Washing machine had been removed but did have a sink to hand-wash and a dryer. Each bathhouse in the West Rim was supposed to have laundry as well so could drive over if necessary.

Our site did have plastic and debris scattered around including inside the fire pit, so we left it cleaner than we found it.

Loved the fact that they had aluminum recycling!

The surroundings absolutely deserve 5 stars, just docking one for the trash left at the site. Will be back to tackle more of the trails!

Beautiful views

Campground is ok, most sites are close, many trees, electric and water, gravel pads. Amenities here are great, Cloudland park has so much to do, hiking,bike riding, picnic’s with breathtaking views, waterfalls, kayaking a couple miles away

Fabulous state park

This is a fabulous state park. Many campground loops - we stayed in site 69B in March 2021. All beautiful sites. We prefer campgrounds with trailheads straight from the campground and this one has both hiking trails (off campground loop C) and biking routes (40 mile route from FCFSP on Ride With GPS - Sequatchie Valley Scenic bike way). Awesome! The falls are beautiful with a steep, boulder-y climb down to the lower falls (and back up!). Campsites are nice with good spacing and trees. Bathroom and shower facilities nice and clean with good air circulation (helpful in pandemic times). We only stayed two nights but could be happy staying here a week or more. Lots to do and see! We will return.

Beautiful facility

This park is amazing. There is a lot to do, from golfing to some hiking. Looks like it’s great for kids and families, but I’m a single traveler. For me, the campgrounds were crowded and tight, though everyone around me respected the quiet hours. I’m a tent camper, so I appreciate running water and clean facilities if I’m going to come in from the woods and camp in a civilized space. These facilities were not very clean, two of three toilets were missing seats and I really didn’t want to touch anything (with or without COVID being a consideration). I camped on a Monday, so I understand that it was a busy weekend and the facilities likely weren’t yet cleaned, but in addition to camper use, the facilities were buggy, cobwebby and in need of a deep clean and significant refreshing. So … four stars because of the beautiful setting. From a camping perspective it left me wanting and I’ve enjoyed better overall experiences and facilities for 1/3 the price.

Nice but NOT spacey

We booked our first few nights in our new travel trailer at spot A7. Being new RV owners, we were super excited to get out and learn the ropes. We have been tent camping at TN state parks for years and absolutely love the amenities that the state parks provide.

Harrison Bay is nice, but we probably won’t be back. There are four different loops (A-D), but most, if not all, sites are tightly packed. Luckily, we didn’t have neighbors directly next to us, but it would not have provided much space for our canopy and leashed dogs to walk if we did.

The waterfront sites seem to be nice, but you have to drive up a large hill and around a tight curve to get to them. Honestly, I’m not sure how anything over 25-ish foot would easily and comfortably park. We actually witnessed someone put the front of their 5th wheel into the back cab of their truck while trying to take a tight turn. 🤢

All in all, it’s nice for a quick getaway, and the park staff is very friendly. We didn’t use any of the amenities (restroom facilities, playgrounds, etc) so I cannot comment on them.

We will probably stick with other parks.

Nice place

Stayed here for two nights in late March. The area recently received a lot of rain so the creek was pretty high and fast flowing. There were several marked campgrounds along the creek and a small site further down the road for $15 a night. I stayed at site 4. Sites were very spaced out and mine was fairly clean when I arrived. My only complaint was there were cars frequently driving by throughout the night on the dirt road. Other than that, really enjoyed this place.

Pleasant experience, would repeat

In the area to pickup new 5th wheel. Got here late in day and park was surprisingly full. Our site C30 was not level, making our first experience of auto-leveling a fun experience. Actually so uneven that our previous 22foot TT would have been a challenge. Overall, a nice park. Visible streamed tv just fine and cell coverage for Cricket (do not stream on this) Pretty close to neighbors on one side so we can hear kids playing, but that’s a pleasant sound anyway. Would repeat if in area. $28 plus tax plus booking fee

Fun Winter Camping

We were missing the camp life, so we headed over to Fall Creek Falls for a night. We stayed in loop B and it was almost empty. We stayed in site 82, as it was close to the bathroom (but also had a sewer hookup) and roomy. Be advised, this site is next to a small, open field. When high winds occur, you'll want to have everything tied down tight! It was a pleasant trip regardless of the harsh winds. The waterfalls were beautiful as always!