Apison, TENNESSEE
Most Recent Apison Camping Reviews
Cute Overnight

We used this spot as an overnight stay. They had a lot of things for the kids to do and the grounds were nice. However, it is on a noisy highway so you constantly hear the trucks and cars passing. We had an RV and a tent. They do not allow you to set up the tent on the same site so you have to rent an extra space.

Fall in Love

My all time favorite campgrounds! The lake is pristine and so are the campgrounds!

What beauty exists

Such a beautiful park. Spacious sites. Lots of area to roam. Wildlife abundant. Hiking trails. Scenic drives. Lake sports. We will come back.

Great Campground with Marina and amazing water access

Blue Water RV Resort and Marina came to us from someone that had camped there in the past. We are happy we took the advise!  We have stayed twice and have to say each time we enjoyed our stay. The family that owns the campground are there working hard with smiles and always helpful. There are some full timers in the campground andthey were very friendly. Blue Water is dog friendly.  We live on the lake at home and don't take a boat camping, but if we did this would be a great location for the fisherman or boater. Nice marina, great ramp and pull around for vehicles pulling boats.  We love this campground for the closeness to the Smokey Mountains.  We usually stay 4 or so days and spend a couple of those days driving to see all of the amazing views. The fall is a fantastic time to visit.  We have not been in the summer to use the pool but it looks very nice.  The facility has a lodge, pool and pavilion that can be rented for your youth group or company brain storming weekend, seems like a great place for a group of people.  Take a look at the website, very informative with a great video showing all Blue Water RV Resort and Marina have to offer. They even give a fishing report.

Ehhhh

It seems like they just put everyone on top of each other. The spot that I was in was so much of a hill that it took 3 sets of blocks to get everything level.

Love this place.

Very shaded and quiet. Nice store with anything you need. One of my favorite places to go.

Nice

Nice place to stay. Just do not like the minimum night stays for the best spots.

Awesome CampGround - Worth the Drive

There is definitely a long drive (7 Mile) uphill to the campground, but it is definitely worth the drive.  The camp hosts (which have been there for 16+ years) were awesome and very friendly.

NOTE: the RV sites do not have water hook-ups at each site.  There is a water hook up to fill your tank as you enter the campsite area.  Fill your tank and you are good to go.

Unfortunately, we did not make the hike to the Benton falls but we will certainly be back and plan to hike it.

Great Family Campground with Gorgeous Hikes

We stayed in the East Rim Campground on site #63. The campground has clean bathroom and was very family friendly with a playground and little free library. There was a path to take you to a gorgeous lookout and the trail head. This trip we did the waterfall trail which is a 2 mile hike, it hasn’t rained a ton lately so the falls weren’t as flowing as I’m used to them being but still a gorgeous hike! I would recommend this campground if you enjoy hiking, there is also some good mountain biking near by.

Clean, friendly

RV spots are a little uneven, but spacious. Clean park, regular maintenance. No frills, no sewer hookup, but everything else is nice.

Bliss in the Clouds

Loved this campground and enjoyed all the trails…

Primitive Camping At Its Best

I camped at Hammock Sway on Friday night, August 9, 2019. According to the camp owner and host Chris, the camp was one year and ten days old the night I visited. This is a primitive camping experience in the pristine woods of Van Buren County, TN about 20 miles(30 minutes) outside of McMinnville, Tennessee. The campground borders the beautiful Rocky River. The camp is a work in progress, but I’m so glad that I was one of those who found it in its infancy. The campsite I chose is buried in a pine forest. Though I was only 30 minutes away from a large town, I felt like I was a million miles away. I enjoyed watching the moon rise through the pines and catching glimpses of the stars through the treetops. This place is beautiful! Chris is a welcoming and helpful host. When I arrived he greeted me with a smile and handshake. I asked him to hop in my SUV, and he gave me the driving tour of Hammock Sway. He showed me each campsite, described why he had chosen it, and then invited me to choose the one in which I felt most comfortable. The site I chose already has a tent setup and is available for campers to use if needed. The site had a rock fire ring and there was plenty of wood to be gathered and used for a campfire. At the moment, all the sites are primitive, which for me, is exactly how I like to camp. Even if every campsite was filled, I doubt you would be able to hear or see anyone else. This is definitely the place to get away from it all. There’s very little cell service, so you will need to make your phone calls before arriving. You will also want to grab all of your supplies before arriving too(this place is out there.) I did struggle to find the campsite since Rocky River Road wasn’t marked with a road sign, but I use paper maps(Lewis and Clark style), so this might not be an issue for someone with GPS in their car or on their phone. Chris responded promptly to text messages, and he helped me find my way in. At the moment, I would only drive a truck or SUV to this camp. You will need the clearance on some of the roads if you want to drive right up to the campsite, and a car might not work at the moment.  You could always park your car and carry your supplies to the campsite if you're okay with that. There’s room for RVs too if that’s your thing. Overall, this is one of those places that I would go back to over and over again. The price is right and the place is perfect. I look forward to watching this camp grow.

Kids wonderland!

This place is definitely somewhere you wanna bring your kids they would love it! There is a man made beach with a playground and loads of camping lots next to the river!

Beautiful nature walks.

Only been here a couple times when I lived in Chattanooga but I know it has awesome swimming holes, lookouts, and rocks to climb!

Enchanting nature walks

I have been coming here since I was a little kid! There is a pool, a playground, DeSoto falls, and a newly installed zip line! The trails are my favorite for nature walks there is so many of them!!! The trails have colors on trees so you don't get lost I'm sure you can get a map from the general store. There is also a little museum to show you what kind of animals and plants you can find there.  They have a RV campground down the road. Dogs are allowed!!! 🥰🥰🥰

Good but could be better

Only one shower per bathroom so be ready to shower at odd times if you stay in a tent. Make sure you call the morning of to make sure there is a spot open before driving down. They don’t do reservations, which I really wish they did. But they will put a cone in your site if you call that morning. They have a swimming area that you can walk to which is nice.

Nice campground!

Pretty good campground. It being located right on the lake makes it easy for us to put on paddle board and kayak into the water. There are 4 sections, 3 with electric and water that fill up pretty fast on the weekends. We just got lucky and were able to get a full week in one campsite. People cancel often so don’t give up hope! Only downside is that everyone is pretty clumped together and only 4 shower/bathrooms in section C making bathroom breaks a bit hard when people are just showering

Very laid back

Great hiking trails. A handful of great views. The waterfall is breathtaking and a great photo opportunity. Nobody works here basically so this is a great place to have some privacy out in the woods with a bathroom nearby. We stayed at F-58 and had a great time with a couple trail heads nearby!

Super clean

This park is kept up top-notch people all day long going around keeping each site clean as people leave the waterfalls are beautiful 700 steps 1000 foot down into a canyon hiking trails catfish pond great place

Tranquility

Great clean campground with awesome trails and easy access. Love the shade provided by the forest. Clean ablution facilities and friendly staff.

Great Campground for Kayaking and Fishing

My wife and I stayed at this campground while coaching a softball tournament in Chattanooga. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to fish as much as I would like due to our tourney schedule. I did have an opportunity to explore the campground and state park and can’t wait to get back down there. We had to pull our pop-up camper so we stayed in an electric site. The site was an extremely level pull through site. It was a little closer to some other campers than I would typically like but the layout allowed for plenty of privacy. I was a bit frustrated when we had to move from one site to another from Fri-Sat because they supposedly only had our site open for 1 night. We looked on the website and it showed our site open Sat night as well but when we asked at the desk they said it was booked and we had to move. Outside of this inconvenience I have no complaints as far as customer service. The bathrooms were clean and well kept, amenities abundant and plenty to do in this state park. The tent sites were far more private with easy access to the lake. I would recommend this campground but if you would like a waterfront site make sure you book well in advance. They also have an extremely nice, giant swimming pool. This is also a great campground for group camping and be sure to check out renting the Patton Hill sites!

A Family Favorite

Desoto State Park is one of our favorite Alabama places to visit, located in Northeastern Alabama and the southern end of Lookout Mountain. We try to camp here in the spring and fall each year when available, the closest towns are Fort Payne and Mentone. There are ample shopping areas and restaurants in Fort Payne which is about 10 miles from the campground if you need to make the trip down. The park has so much to offer and the staff there goes the extra effort to ensure your stays are pleasant and enjoyable. The hiking trails are abundant throughout the park, the Scout Trail is our favorite as it winds next to the river banks and over numerous rocks and scenic water features. This trail can be physically challenging and be sure to verify the river levels beforehand.

The campground is well maintained and the sites are level for the most part, our favorite site is 25 but we’ve stayed in several others end enjoyed those as well. The sites in the upper and lower loops are mostly back in sites with a couple of pull through and buddy sites also. The middle section is all pull through sites for the large coaches and 5th wheel RV’s. All sites at Desoto are equipped with water, electric, sewer, cable TV, table, fire ring and grills. The bath houses are some of the cleanest we’ve seen, relatively new with excellent amenities including laundry. There is also WIFI broadcast at each of the bath houses.

There is a great lodge restaurant, cabins old and new, swimming pool, tennis courts, Zip Line and a CCC museum. Put this one on your list as it’s never disappointed our family. The Little River Canyon Preserve is nearby with additional hiking and fantastic Canyon vistas you will have to go see.

Great place to camp both in tents and or a camper or RV

Sseveral sections to choose from anything from hotel, cabins, tent, camper, or RV sites. Plenty of Hiking trails and a few and swimming spots. Fun for families, friends or couples.

Away from it all

From camping to hiking to kayaking to swimming to horseback riding and treetop adventure this park has it all. We visited in July and the temperature outside was tolerable. We camped in campground A and it was great for family camping. The trails are great. Swimming holes everywhere and the water is refreshingly cold. Saw a lot of baby deer this time of year. It is a bit far (30 minutes) from grocery store so bring enough supplies for your stay. We will come back to this location.

Cloudland Does Not Disappoint

Great campground with easy access to trails.

Peace and Quite

Another great Georgia State Park that offers quiet opportunities for hiking, fishing and paddle boating. We made our reservations on-line a couple of weeks before our arrival, upon check in we were greeted by a friendly park staff that had our paperwork ready.

The park information and reservations can be made using the Reserve America App or web site.

We stayed at site 40 of Camping Area #2, the sites were well maintained and included water, electric, table and fire ring. We could receive very limited over the air TV and no cell service using Verizon as our carrier. We could also receive a weak WIFI signal at the park office parking lot. The bath houses were very clean and in great working order.

We had a great time here and will return, when planning a trip here bring what you will need as the nearest shopping is miles away in Chatsworth, GA.

Hiwassee Outfitter Campground

Our first time here at the Hiwassee Outfitter camping area in Reliance, Tennessee. Most campsites have river view or stream view. One large circle, mostly tent camping. No electric hookup. Water spigots throughout the campground but not directly at each site. Each campsite has a picnic table and fire ring. Very spacious camping on level dirt or grass ground. We had 2 tents and could have fit 3 more. No lights, so it’s pretty dark after 10pm. Campground is next to the outfitters where you can rent kayaks, floats and rafts. We used the Webb Brothers rental company 0.5 miles down the road from the campground because they had same day availability without reservations. The bathhouse has hot showers and flush toilets but it’s rather rustic due to all people using it coming off the river. There is no charge to use the showers. The bathhouse is shared with the daily rafters. Camp-store on site. No phone signal which is ok with us because we like to unplug. There is free WiFi available at the rafting Outfitter store. There is a small restaurant about a mile away “FlipFlop Burger place”; which was a nice surprise. We overlooked the Hiwassee on campsite 43. The river is smooth until 11am. We went fly fishing right from the campsite. The water gets released at 11am, so the current picks up and water levels will rise quickly. A nice place to camp if you come for water fun. If you don’t mind the muddy bathrooms then this is the place for you. We will be back for sure.

We love Harrison Bay!

Harrison bay is our favorite camping place! However we only stay in campsite A. Some of the other campsites are very loud. Campsite A is very laid back and family friendly! We highly recommend!

Very nice Campground!

Blue water is very nice with a great staff! The only reason for 4 stars is because the lake sites are so high up it’s difficult to actually get to the lake. They do have nice amenities! Would certainly recommend!

Site 87

Not a horrible place to spend the week. A lot of long term older campers on site. Nicely kept. Pool is nice. Interstate noise is annoying