Red Bluff Estates , SOUTH CAROLINA

Camping South Carolina Red Bluff Estates

Most Recent Red Bluff Estates Camping Reviews
Nice KOA

This is a pretty nice KOA but it is not one that really is a destination KOA. You moreso camp here because you want to visit the local area, not because you plan to spend a ton of time AT the campsite. It was a great location. There is a decent bit of noise from the traffic.

Right beside GREAT dog Park - but no dogs on the beach

RV Site was great and very close to lots of things

Restaurants, shopping, parks, beaches

Cute shop on RV Campground

Not a lot of privacy

We keep coming back

Hunting Island is the perfect campground tucked among the pine trees and palm trees. It is very well kept from the campsites, to the bath houses, to the camp store, and even the beach area. Very dog and kid friendly! Almost always packed, so we book about a year in advance but we know we’ll keep coming back. Gorgeous sunrises on the beach make getting up early worth it! During the day the beach can be busy, but not over crowded. Can even walk down the beach to the lighthouse! We take our two labradors and it is so nice to walk them on the beach in the morning and evening when sometimes we’re the only people for miles. Recommend this for anyone who loves to camp and spend time on the ocean as well.

Steps from the ocean

We had a magical time at Edisto. The Beach campground was just steps from the ocean. Opt for sites 1-12 or 50-75. Bathrooms were great. Shelling was incredible-especially if you walk towards the inlet around low tide.

Overrated - poor service

We stayed here twice in the last two months. First time was fine but not exceptional. The RV park itself is highly variable. Each site is owned by different owners and the RV park has rights to rent them out. None of the sites have fire pits. Some have chimneas. The sites are also maintained in a highly variable way. The electrical on the second site we stayed at was very sketchy. Hard to describe except the plugs were broken and the electrical panel itself was ragged and broken. We recently did a side trip that had us staying two days at this place. We reserved two weeks in advance and we're glad to get the site with no issues. When we showed up the lady at the front desk was out right rude. They are what I call "fake nice". The lady told me that because they change reservation systems and we didn't pick out a say on the reservation system that they did not have a site for us for two days. They offered us two different sites on two different days. Not only is that a huge pain in the butt but ruined our plans for the day because we had to stick around and wait to move and pack up everything. What infuriated me was the attitude of the people in the front office. They did not give a rip and basically told me to take it or leave it. They didn't offer any discount or concession or anything. They only said that because of the new reservation system they had a rough week. I'm not sure that I'm supposed to feel sorry for them considering the money I'm paying to park there. Also infuriating was my wife had called ahead of time to confirm our reservation and their phones would never would get answered. We will not be staying here again. There's a much nicer option further in on Hilton Head and a really nice new place coming in to Bluffton. Take your money where it will be appreciated maybe these people will learn.

Overrated - poor service

Beautiful but noisy

We stayed here for three nights in March. Beautiful private sites, moss covered trees and great hiking trails in park with nice nature center and little store. The sites along the outer road near road back to a golf course. Avoid if you don’t want to wake up at 6am to power tools, very loud power tools. being used for at least an hour or two, every morning. You can’t see them but can hear them! We loved our site, so private and large, but the noise drowned out the birds and disturbed our nature time. Too bad. We drove to Savannah, very close, and rode our bikes around. Visited Wormslee, gorgeous alley of live oak.

Perfect Spanish moss covered campground.

We loved the natural setting of this park. We had a mama deer with 2 babies 25 feet from our camper. The people at the gate and office were super friendly as well as super clean bathroom facilities.  I would recommend!

Location!

What a fabulous location. So close to the 95. Easy drive through spots and all the amenities of home. Including a convenience store, laundry, a fishing river, security gates, easy check in, dog park, even video games. The best part is that it sets next to the Savannah Ogeechee Canal Museum. What a beautiful picturesque place for a walk/ hike. It really looks like a place out of the movies. Worth the $5 admission. There are a couple negatives to the campground. The spots are in incredibly close to one another. Absolutely no privacy. Also, If you are near the road, you will be surprised by the morning traffic sounds. However, if it’s just a night or two it’s a great stopover!

Family campground

Campground is awesome, well stocked little store,outside air pump, very clean bath houses, pool was super nice, beach access is a bike ride away, dog parks definitely need work. It was so so hot the whole week. Bike ride to some great restaurants, oh yea kayaking with alligators 😳