The best WALK IN camping near
Owens , SOUTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Owens Camping Reviews
Family friendly with beach

We spent three nights in myrtle beach state park with full hook up. The Campground is big and maximized for renters and RVs. Space between sites is a bit tight but there is plenty of trees and coverage that provides good privacy between sites. The beach was very nice, a lot of people at the beach but plenty of space for everyone to enjoy. It’s super family friendly and the kids had a great time!

Beach and nice hiking trail

We stayed here for 3 nights. Our site, 19, backed to picnic shelter so avoid it. One large group had a party in there one night and pick up trucks were literally in our fire ring area. But there are great hiking trails from the campground that go near tidal ponds and good birding. We were here in mid March. Well spaced sites. Lots of noisy dogs. I might add but that seems the case everywhere now. Not sure why dog owners feel entitled to have barking dogs all day but that is why I bring ear plugs. Beach access is great, can walk for a mile or two with no condos!

Beautiful Primitive Campground

Set up my pop up in #4. Large, beautiful private sites. Gorgeous trails within walking distance. Great opportunity to see wildlife. Lots of mosquitoes, but not miserably so. Short drive to the beach.

Beautiful Spot for Primitive Camping and Wildlife Viewing

Santee Coastal Reserve is a hidden gem near the South Carolina coast offering eight, first come, first served primitive campsites in the Santee Coastal Reserve Wildlife Management Area.

The campsites are spacious and can easily accommodate multiple tents and/or RV's. This is primitive camping so there are no water or electrical hook-ups. We drove the short distance to the Elmwood Recreation Area to fill our water jugs. They do not sell firewood at the campground and we didn't see any for sale by local residents on our way in. Fortunately, we were able to gather a lot of downed wood around our campsite since it wasn't until the end of our stay that we found out that firewood, groceries, fishing, and other supplies were available at the Seewee Outpost, about 26 miles south of the reserve on highway 17.

Out of the eight sites, only about 4 or 5 were occupied at any given time and everyone was fairly quiet. Except for one camper who ran his RV generator for hours morning and night. Fortunately, they only stayed one night.

There are several hiking trails around the reserve where you can see various birds and spot alligators bathing in the sun. The only wildlife that we weren't happy to see were the gnats and mosquitos, which we weren't respecting so early in the season.

Overall, this is a beautiful campground and e look forward to visiting again.

Nice good sized campground right on the outskirts of Myrtle Beach

This is a pretty big campground. RV's rule the roost here. Most of the tent sites are on the rightmost section of the park (with the exeption of the tent only site on a separate far left section of the park). There are also cabins available at this park There was a good cross section of people. Many different age groups, and walks of life. Really friendly and chill park. Some very nice decorated tents and one really cool old 'skoolie' (actually a retired Air Force transport bus) which was my favorite of the lot. The beach is only 200 meters away, and there are some nature trails and a nature center as well. The camp store stays open till 9pm and they have plenty of wood and most of the things you will need. And they dont charge you up on items either!

The campsites are clean and feature a water spigot AND a power outlet, even for the tent sites! Tent sites usually do not get power outlets. There is also wifi included, which is another plus.

Now. This is a cool place, but the sites are really close to each other. You WILL get to know your neighbors. Also, you are on the approach/departure pattern for Myrtle Beach International, so planes will be 500 feet above you. Makes for nice photography, but just an fyi.

This is a great option for staying at Myrtle Beach, and if you are with a group and/or really social, you will enjoy this park.

More than Camping

My husband and I stayed there for two weeks in January. It is a true resort. It has indoor pools, outdoor pools, waterslide, putt putt, bowling alley, and an arcade. We ate dinner one night in the restaurant and it was absolutely wonderful. The chef actually came out and spoke with us. The grounds are immaculately kept. The sites are all flat but there is not much space between the sites. If you’re used to camping in a state campground with trees and space between the sites, this is not the place for you.

We are going back in a week with my children. Two of my children and their families are renting the tiny houses that are available for rent. My husband and I will be in our camper it will be the hub for the family gatherings. Great place for kids to ride their bikes and splash in the water park. Can’t wait.

Peaceful

I started coming to MBTP Aug of 2020..I previously  had my camper at ocean lakes.i was leaving  after spending a week there and going to mbtp..problem was..i had a day in between checking in.mand had nowhere to go..I have a golfcart..this huge camper that I'm still learning…what to do..go home?..only 2 hrs…naaa..mbtp..somehow made arrangements for me a spot that same day..relieved!!..I've been at least a week out the last year..winter fall..and cant wait for this summer..its so easy to check in..everyone is so friendly…ive made mbtp..my vacation spot yr round..rather it's a week..or more…also..its usually no problem if you want to extend your stay.which I think ive done quite a few times..such a peaceful environment plenty of amenities  to enjoy…I love mbtp

Briarcliffe

Clean campground. It has lots of sites and is near many attractions. Bathrooms are clean and conveniently located. It has nice amenities and a nice pool.

Awesome campground!

Absolutely beautiful park. Well maintained facilities and lots to do. Within easy walking distance were hiking trails, Atalayah'castle'(great tour), nature center and estuary walk, gift shop/ visitors center, lots of hiking trails, and the beach! We walked everywhere but bikes would be awesome. We were in site 113 on the back loop- those sites(back loop) were super private and very well spaced out for privacy- the most private sites I've ever seen at a state park. Wifi was good near the bathrooms, but not at our site, so if you need wifi go towards the bathrooms. We camped at Huntington Beach State Park in a Travel Trailer.

We loved it here and will return!

Luckily this campsite is the closest one to where my mother in law lives bc this is a wonderful one! Plenty to walk around and see, many campsites are dispersed. There is a large playground for children, ample facilities and privacy (depending on where you choose), quick walk to the beach and so much nature. Loved, loved, loved!!!! You could bird watch, go for a run, a hike or go to the beach. The people were super nice and the check in process was seamless. They were following social distancing guidelines during covid. We stayed in February and even though it was cold and rainy we had a blast. We did have one beautiful day. We stayed on a partial hook up site and I would definitely do that again. The dump station was clean and easy to use. The garbage area was organized and clean and close enough to the campsite without being too close to draw animals 100% gem. Will return!!! Great with kids or without, it was quiet and I highly recommend.