The best WALK IN camping near
Myrtle Beach , SOUTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Myrtle Beach Camping Reviews
Packed but pretty

I recently spent 3 days at this park and had a a great experience.

This location boasts 300+ campsites but are rather packed on top of one another. Once it hits about 10 pm you almost feel like whispering is loud as your neighbors are almost at arms length.

The camp store was stocked and had most of what I needed however, a quick trip out of the park and you will have all the stores you need, this is Myrtle beach after all.

The pier is a huge bonus as we fished for 3 days but it is $8 per person to use the pier. Tent sites ran about $40 per night, I would have hoped for a bit more privacy at that price point but overall it was not bad.

The bathrooms and showers were clean and the park was well kept. They offer hiking trials and a nature center.

If you have a camper or RV this is a great place for you. If you are looking for something more primitive… good luck

I still enjoyed myself and the views and beach were great.

Nice love and would camp there again but just expect it to be a bit cramped.

Family friendly beach camping

Family friendly campground with its own private beach.  Ice cream shop, mini golf, water park, bball courts, arcade all included.

Loved it

This park is a peace in the middle of chaotic Myrtle Beach. We would drive to the beach with our wagon since our site was in the back of the campground. I would walk to the beach in the evenings though. Clean sites, clean beach and spacious!

Quite Surprised

COVID ruined summer plans as it did for many, so we ended up here against my wishes. I'm not a Myrtle Beach fan, so heading to this campground wasn't something I was looking forward to.

Thankfully, this turned out to be quite a nice spot. The beach was not overly crowded and the spots were spacious. There's a nice shop and boardwalk nearby and it was well kept. A nice surprise!

Camped here many times

Always brings back memories.

Great beach, tight sites

Stayed for a week, really enjoyed the beach and proximity to restaurants/ bars. Ended up being there during bike week so it had its moments of noise through the days/evenings. The park is under the runway for commercial and military aircraft and there is a helicopter sightseeing service that flys over all day long. ATT and Tmobile were not great, however, I was able to work with the WIFI and it was ok. It rained and the dirt spots collected water and made for some unpleasant days stuck inside. Our spot was right next to one of the bathrooms and isn't ideal if you wanted a little more privacy. The park does have nice space and trails to explore and is a very popular spot for fishing off the pier and enjoying the beach. There are 2 stores in the park, just don't forget your mask or you'll hear about it. They do sell firewood on the property and have fire rings at each site.

We love it

This place is awesome especially if you have kids. Bath houses are nice and clean, splash pool is top notch, putt putt, food, and the beach here is really nice. Only negative is the roofs over the little picnic tables are weirdly low. I hit my head multiple times daily.

TIGHT

Wow! Road to campground is horrible! Very narrow, trees hanging over it, dirt, but huge holes! Obviously needs to be graded. We booked a pull thru per map, but was not. Had to change to site 29. Loose dirt but fairly level. Very quiet and Lake Horton near us. Hosts very friendly. We were in a 38 foot coach.

Another Amazing Weekend

Just got back from another long weekend camping at Huntington Beach State Park in Murrel’s Inlet, SC. This is one of our favorite campgrounds. We were in Site 40 this weekend. 30 amp electric and water, no sewer. Sites are level, clean, spaced out and a short walk to the beach. Close to Myrtle Beach attractions if you interested, but quiet and relaxing. Many nature trails and tons of beach for walking.

Fun family trip

We spend three nights at Ocean Lakes. I didn't have much contact with any on the staff except for check in and the one night we ate there at their little resteraunt. Staff wasn't overly friendly, but no one was rude. The campsite was roomier than I actually expected, we were in K section and had a concrete pad, our site was very level with a large tree. We were a short walk away from the beach! Overall our stay was enjoyable. The bath houses were clean, and the campground well maintained. We did have dog waste on our site when we arrived, so that was kind of gross, but overall people seemed to pick up after their pets. If you like quiet I would avoid the weekends in October, due to their Halloween celebration. Lots of kids on golf carts, speed limit is 10 MPH but it wasn't enforced on Friday night as far as I could tell, we had a couple of close calls. Quiet time is at 11 and on Friday night it was noisy past midnight, but the two nights before that the campground was very laid back and quiet. The pool was very cold (off season) but my son still loved it and it is a very nice area. The beach is the best part, it was beautiful! Overall I recommend this campground, and we will stay here again!