Laurel Bay , SOUTH CAROLINA

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Laurel Bay Camping Reviews
Quiet, friendly, flat, nice pull thru, clean bathroom, boat dock great

Campsite 14 faces road so less privacy but campground was nice and clean. Showers were clean and warm and family oriented. Boat dock area has couple bench swings that were wonderful relaxing. Deer came close at night.

Great place for a weekend.

This is our first time to this state park. There are 2 separate campgrounds. One that is right on the beach with plenty of beach access and the other that is called Live Oak campground. This is the one we stayed at. The sites are all level with hard packed sand. They are rather small sites though. Deepen enough for a fifth wheel but not very wide. Your fifth wheel and your truck is all that will fit in most sites. Not a lot of extra room left for all your accessories. The tails are great and be sure to bring your bike. The only negative is the amount of Ticks that your dogs will pick up if you take them on the trails. Be prepared the are tiny little devils! The park is right off a busy highway so depending on the site you choose you will hear a lot of roadway noise. We were in site # 89. Next time I will chose one well away from the highway. All and all a beautiful place for a weekend getaway!

Largest campsites, great separation

Arrived here for a four-night tent stay. Easy drive in from Tomoka State Park up I-95. Got the last spot at #62 which is very large and has a large tent pad. The electric and water hookups are on the edge of the street, so I had to use both the 75 and 25 foot extension cords to give power to the tent. There's a fire pit and a large picnic table. The restrooms are clean, as well as the laundry room. The dumpster and recycling bin are a bit far from 62, so bring your bicycle, lol. Deer were roaming the grounds in the early morning. Lots of birds singing at sunrise too. Great place. The 45-min drive up to Tybee Island Beach is totally worth it, with beautiful marshes and flatlands along the way. Beach photos included here.

Best SC beach!

We just spent 3 great days on liveoak #109 and partied on the beach side with friends in #72 and #70. The beach has fabulous shells of all types and the surf was roaring- even heard it over at Liveoak! The restrooms are extremely clean and the little town is right next door(bi-lows is convenient) with great restaurants you can walk or bike to. Plan to come back many times!

A Caboose and wildlife

A little out of the way , nicely kept KOA. I love the decorum. The office houses a shower , laundry , pizza service and a small coffee and liquor bar. The staff was very nice and professional. The dog park is itty bitty which might prompt you to take a walk on the trail around a small lake……..but remember where you are cause your dog is not the top of the food chain here! No swimming in that lake! Well shaded and intricately interwoven parking spots. AND a Caboose to rent! Very cool. We stayed here overnight enroute to NC, it was moderately full but started filling up the day we left. The Parris Island is not far off and I’m sure during graduations this KOA gets crowded as well as evacuations and vacations.

HORRIBLE DO NOT GO!!! WOW

Wow, where to begin….. So I attempted to schedule a horse back riding event for my fiancé' and I for her birthday(thought that it would be cool to take a ride on the beach) I filled out the info online and left the page to double check the distance. When I came back to the page it had already taken payment and the 17 miles away was really 95 miles driving distance. I IMMEDIATLY called OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER again and got NO response or answer! Also, woke up the next morning at 7am to start calling AGAIN. Guess what no answer. Ill put my bottom dollar that if you call this establishment right now that they will NOT answer…. IF YOU CALL and they do answer the phone Ill pay for your next ride(look me up) IF they dont….(DO NOT DO IT!) This was the response that I got….. After calling 20mins after accidently signing up and also the other 20 plus times…..(AGAIN NO CALL BACK they sent me an email AFTER the fact!! bunch of crooks!!)"I will not issue a refund as it clearly states this information on your sign up." OK…. WHY didnt you answer the phone at all or call me back???!?!? I have a nephew who is 8 years old that gets back to people faster… He needs to get a job there and I bet that I could triple your intake overnight just by answering the phone and calling people back… Communication is everything!! they have NONE!! wow. DO NOT GO HERE!! Instead you should totally check out Seabrook Island Equestrian Center. They call you back and also want to earn your business not just take your money.

Very nice campground

We really enjoyed our to night stay at this campground. The site are nice and generally spaced well. The baths are updated and nice. We walked to town for lunch and coffee. We will return again for a longer stay.

Fine for overnight

We are Thousand Trails members so the stop is free for us. We stopped here earlier this year overnight and last night election night. For an overnight stop it's fine quiet for the most part. Muffle sounds of 95 often a distance at night . Never used the pool nor inside the clubhouse, laundry, or bathrooms. As you can see by the pics I'm including as others say it is tight. Yesterday was a nice evening cool but nice no rain so it wasn't muddy. earlier this year when we were here and as other stated it did rain and yes quite a bit of water gets around your site. Last time we were here we went around the lake I guess you can call it that screen and odd looking but the walkway was clean and manageable for my wife who need a walker to help her.

Great Campground, (shhhh don't tell everyone).

We wanted to explore the GA coast and Skidaway Island State Park did not disappoint. We used the park as a base to experience Georgia's low country.

While the Island is basically a gated community for Savannah, the park is a beautiful reminder of a time gone by with Spanish moss draped live oaks and plenty of wildlife to see and hear.

Well maintained and clean, the park is just what we were looking for. The hosts keep the place spotless and make sure the rules for dogs and quiet times are adhered to for the enjoyment of all, while being friendly and helpful to everyone.

The trials inside the park are wide, well marked and, scenic. During tides they can be a bit "moist" so plan to walk part of the trails barefooted or simply avoid those areas.

We did get on the water with our paddle boards as there is a public boat ramp just over the causeway. Exploring the marshlands and seeing the wildlife was awesome. The ramp was clean and well maintained. There is a kayak tour serve that operates from the ramp so, if you don't have water gear, you can rent from them or take part in a tour. Just make note of tides and wind.

Provisions are close at hand with 2 large, well stocked grocery stores within minutes of the park entrance.

October is a wonderful time to visit the Georgia coast. Bugs, tourists, and foul weather are at seasonal lows. Our visit was the middle of October and the days were warm and sunny with the nights cool and mostly bug free. We did get a couple of night time showers and the sound of rain on the tent fly lulled us to sleep. Waking up to the barred owls hooting to each other was nice as well.

UGA has a learning center on the island with an aquarium but, due to COVID, you must make reservations for admittance. The site has some discovery tails that are great for everyone with a boardwalk that extends over the marsh.

As noted in other reviews, Savanah is close by and the beaches of Tybee Island are about 20 minutes away. Fort Polaski is a great place to explore with a lighthouse trial. Be aware that the trial can be very muddy at times. We walked the trail bare footed with pants legs rolled up. No issues.

We visited Wormslow Historic Site. There is a 1.5 mile drive under towering moss draped live oaks to the visiter's center. Beautiful. At the visitor's center you can learn about the history of the site and inhabitants. There are trails through the site with historical reenactment sites along the way.

We plan to go back next fall.

Lovely place

My husband and I had a wonderful time kayaking in the salt marsh and walking on the nearby beach