Camping in Kinards

Recent Group Sites Reviews Near Kinards, South Carolina

106 Reviews of 21 Kinards, South Carolina Campgrounds

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2021

Nice place, definitely has potential

Still being upgraded, so newish pad was still soft but pretty level. Sewer pipes stick out a good 6 or 8 inches. Electric posts are new but have a meter right below plugs, so surge suppressor gets to hang sideways. All nice and new. Will try again in future as it keeps improving

We just…

Site30 something
Cody K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2021

It’s a great campground

Great little campground, my wife and I just moved into our RV and this our first stop. Super quiet and nice; not weigh in much of amenities other than the bathhouse in the washer and dryer and Wi-Fi. Campground host is super nice though his name is Dale. Will definitely be here for a while

Site?
Alice D.
Reviewed May. 17, 2021

Watch out for the ants!

Two sites share a common drive and it’s very difficult to get into and out of your site without using the other site’s parking area! At least for a novice to trailer camping. Our site was overrun with sugar ants. They were on and in everything! Pretty lake but I won’t go there again

Elizabeth G.
Reviewed May. 16, 2021

Beautiful views and large spaces

Stayed at hamilton branch this past weekend. Loved the big sites. Only downside was the site we stayed on was site 42 the water connection is too far away so you must have a very long hose pipe. And poison oak surrounds the entire site. Other than that it was nice and peaceful. Look forward to…

Bernie L.
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Bernie

I'm an eagle scout and there was time I camped every week end

SiteTeardrop RV
Bernie L.
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Bernie

I'm an eagle scout and there was a time I camped every week end.

SiteTeardrop Rv

Month of VisitApril
Adam W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 12, 2021

Beautiful grounds, great facilities

My brother and I went for our first camping trip. The lake was beautiful and clear, the grounds and trails on the park were quaint and well kept, and the bathroom facilities were clean and inviting. We had a great time and met some wonderful people, I highly recommend this spot!

SiteCampground 1
K
Reviewed May. 12, 2021

A new favorite!

We camped here in early May and loved it! Very private, large campsites. Bike friendly and beautiful lake. Wished we had brought our kayaks, but will be back again soon! Drove into McCormick and had dinner at Michelle’s which we would highly recommend. Their calzones and burgers were delicious!

• morning coffee
robins662 The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 7, 2021

Quiet and peaceful

This campground is very quiet and right near the water. I enjoyed it and would stay again.

robins662 The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 5, 2021

Very nice!!!

This place is awesome! We slept in the primative tent section. It was nice and peaceful. Facilities are clean. Great views ❤️

• Sunset
bThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2021

Excellent park with a great mountain bike trail

This park has been used for the SC State Championship race for mountain biking numerous times. The trails are challenging for expert riders, but also good for beginners.

bThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2021

Awesome park location and staff

You will NOT regret visiting this park!!! This is a very well managed park with great staff. Plenty of access to the huge Murray Lake. Plenty of fishing and watersports activities. We visit multiple times a year. Normally every 4th of July for the amazing fireworks, and even for the solar eclipse a…

• Moon rising over Dreher Island park
HThe Dyrt PRO User

Very nice campground!

Though the sites are stone that is so over shadowed by the great views of the lake, nice little camp store. Nice tall trees to help cool, come summer. There is a concrete walkway along the lake shore with a few large swings at it’s edge. The walkway leads to a fishing dock. E, W, dump station

Month of VisitApril
RThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 18, 2021

Great place for a stop.

Not too far off of I-26 about a half mile down a well-maintained gravel road. Plenty of level campsites. Two out houses that seem to be cleaned about once a week. Fire pits and picnic tables at most campsites.