Camping in Kinards

88 Reviews of 12 Kinards, South Carolina Campgrounds

Sarah G.
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2021

Peaceful & friendly

Compared to some other state parks in SC, this one was less crowded and more peaceful. It had rained right before we arrived, and we got stuck in the mud trying to back-in our pop-up on a hill (lake campground #29). The campers all pitched in to pull us out. It was silent at night. Nice hiking…

Cody K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2021

It’s a great campground

Great little campground, my wife and I just moved into our RV and this our first stop. Super quiet and nice; not weigh in much of amenities other than the bathhouse in the washer and dryer and Wi-Fi. Campground host is super nice though his name is Dale. Will definitely be here for a while

Site?
Alice D.
Reviewed May. 17, 2021

Watch out for the ants!

Two sites share a common drive and it’s very difficult to get into and out of your site without using the other site’s parking area! At least for a novice to trailer camping. Our site was overrun with sugar ants. They were on and in everything! Pretty lake but I won’t go there again

Elizabeth G.
Reviewed May. 16, 2021

Beautiful views and large spaces

Stayed at hamilton branch this past weekend. Loved the big sites. Only downside was the site we stayed on was site 42 the water connection is too far away so you must have a very long hose pipe. And poison oak surrounds the entire site. Other than that it was nice and peaceful. Look forward to…

Bernie L.
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Bernie

I'm an eagle scout and there was time I camped every week end

SiteTeardrop RV
Bernie L.
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Bernie

I'm an eagle scout and there was a time I camped every week end.

SiteTeardrop Rv

Sitea
Month of VisitApril
laurie M.

Trabquil

Perfect and spacious campsite right on Lake. Trails close by too.

• Someone is very happy!
  • End to a perfect day!
Adam W.The Dyrt PRO User

Beautiful grounds, great facilities

My brother and I went for our first camping trip. The lake was beautiful and clear, the grounds and trails on the park were quaint and well kept, and the bathroom facilities were clean and inviting. We had a great time and met some wonderful people, I highly recommend this spot!

SiteCampground 1
K

A new favorite!

We camped here in early May and loved it! Very private, large campsites. Bike friendly and beautiful lake. Wished we had brought our kayaks, but will be back again soon! Drove into McCormick and had dinner at Michelle’s which we would highly recommend. Their calzones and burgers were delicious!

• morning coffee
robins662 The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 5, 2021

Very nice!!!

This place is awesome! We slept in the primative tent section. It was nice and peaceful. Facilities are clean. Great views ❤️

• Sunset
bThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2021

Awesome park location and staff

You will NOT regret visiting this park!!! This is a very well managed park with great staff. Plenty of access to the huge Murray Lake. Plenty of fishing and watersports activities. We visit multiple times a year. Normally every 4th of July for the amazing fireworks, and even for the solar eclipse a…

• Moon rising over Dreher Island park
HThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2021

Very nice campground!

Though the sites are stone that is so over shadowed by the great views of the lake, nice little camp store. Nice tall trees to help cool, come summer. There is a concrete walkway along the lake shore with a few large swings at it’s edge. The walkway leads to a fishing dock. E, W, dump station

Month of VisitApril
K
Reviewed Apr. 13, 2021

Great view and campground

We’ve stayed in the fish cabins, complete cabins and campsites. They are fantastic. No sewer hook ups like all state parks in SC but well worth the visit if you can ever get reservations.

Brittney C.
Reviewed Apr. 8, 2021

Fun, friendly, clean!

one my fave spots! Kids love it! Summer stays booked. Books up 13 months in advance holiday weekends. Tons to do and see for all ages Even on rainy days