The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Chesnee , SOUTH CAROLINA

Camping South Carolina Chesnee Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Chesnee Camping Reviews
Nice, but cramped

The Asheville East KOA is well maintained and a nice place to stop if you're exploring Asheville.  It's about 10 minutes east of downtown Asheville.  The spots are really tight. They have been updating over the years, but could use a little more work.

Meticulously maintained

Mama Gertie's is the most well kept campground I've ever been in.  The bathhouses look like something inside of an upscale hotel room.  There are mountaintop sides with big patios that hang over the mountain top and have incredible views.  It is one of our favorite places in the country.

Downside, amenities are limited.  No pool, no playground, etc.

A wonderful getaway

I was thrilled to find a campsite available with an amazing view. While our site was very small, it was perfect for me and two teenage kids. They loved being next to the creek and watching the water move. We already have our next visit booked! It probably won't be our last time, either!

Not too bad. Beautiful video form the rock

Since it is a large Rock cliff, probably not nest for kids. But is does have an amsonh view

Beautiful county park

What a beautiful park. The sites have full Hook up. We where at site 50 and it was completely shaded. They where still under major construction redoing the beach and boat docks. But we still really enjoyed this park. Super close to town to get supplies and dinner.

Needs some love

We stayed in site 20 and my take on this campsite is that it just needs a little love and care.  My site was next to the creek which was nice.  On one side of me was a permanent trailer of someone who lives there and on the other side, nestled into a triangle was my neighbor.  His sewage had been overflowed by the last camper and they had to get the management to help clean it up before they connected.  It's pretty clear that the sites weren't checked or tidied between campers.  There's no cell signal (T-Mobile) and even though the camp supposedly has WiFi, they've not set it up to cover the campground.  It really just covers the camp store area.

It just bothers me sometimes when I see a place like this that could be so great, if there was just a bit more love and care put into the place.

On the plus side, this was our first RV camping trip with our new (to us) 2007 Keystone Laredo 265RL.  Setup and everything went great and we just loved it.  Overall a successful trip but just a bit disappointed in the campground.

Just OK

Pluses: Nice river and lake Excellent WiFi Helpful staff for parking

Minuses: Bathrooms are yuck - need redone Campground is loud from frontage road and running parallel/below Highway I-40 AND train going by.

Laurel group site bordering the Toe River

Tis campground is a little hard to find because it is off of the beaten path but close to the Blue Ridge Parkway. We went during the peak leaf season and of course, had to book the site super early. But we snagged the belle of the ball with the Laurel group site. The maximum number of people in the site is 50 (pre Covid) but we were a group of 3 families with 11 people and it was the perfect size for this size group. There were steps leading down to the river with a small spot for a 2 person tent. There were also a number of dispersed tent sites with room to spread out. We had our own very clean restroom that was not in the way but accessible. There are a number of trails to access from the site including Setrock Falls. Even though the campground was full, we felt completely private in our site. The Toe River is the real gift of this site. The constant sounds around you and the river loop trail allowed you to explore further. This is a perfect site for kids because it is open and the river is shallow enough. I would highly recommend this site any time of year because of the river but fall adds a special quality with the leaves all around.

Poor water pressure

Centrally Located in Asheville, but be sure to stay on the River Side

It’s a very central to downtown Asheville and provided you’re river front it’s a nice campground. Unfortunately all of the sites that aren’t river front back up directly to the interstate — a little noisy to say the lease. Everyone was friendly, and we spent most of our time touring the city.