This map requires WebGL
Please update your web browser or enable WebGL to view the map.Troubleshooting Info
The #1 Camping App
Enter your phone number to get the app.
We stayed at the Kentuck Campsite. The sites are close to each other but we had plenty of space at the same time. The hiking trails were beautiful this time of year. Wasn’t a big fan of their restrooms, not very COVID friendly I felt and a bit outdated. That’s the only reason I give it a 4 star.
We stayed here in October after the pools were closed for the year but they had plenty of great activities including crafts for the kids and trick or treating which was a blast. We would have preferred to be right on the riverfront sites but they had been booked up most of the year so it was still nice to be able to finally get into this campground which won 2020 KOA Campground of the year.
They also had a DJ and costume contest as well which was a very fun time. Our only complaint is the sites that aren't on the river are a bit tight and packed in but booking out far enough ahead should solve that. Trash pickup at your site was a nice added bonus as well and this is located right on the Great Allegheny Passage Bike Trail as well. We'll be back for sure.
Decent size RV park with mostly seasonal and full time residents. They are still happy to have short term campers. Nice full hook up sites and cable TV. Staff was very friendly. Firewood is abundant, good quality, and cheap. Not a whole lot on the way of amenities, but it’s a nice facility. Location is great, very close to the lake and the ski resort. If you want to camp while at the lake this is a great choice.
- Had a super enjoyable time at Ohiopyle State Park Campground! It was very nicely tree covered and the restrooms were not far apart, but the campsites were quite close and not much separated some from others. There was firewood and ice right outside to buy, so don’t tote any in!!
- No service if you have sprint… in any of the surrounding area!
- Definitely check out the nearby town and waterfalls! The town of Ohiopyle is very cute and has lots to enjoy if strolling through (hippie shops, bakeries, ice cream, and adventure rental outlets). Cucumber Falls was cool, but GO EARLY or it is so crowded it is not as enjoyable. ForSure check out the Meadow Run Trail! Beautiful and wide trail for a more private view of cascading water features. AND natural waterslides!! Amazing experience! Was basically there at the slides alone besides a father and two children and a fisherman. Such a cool experience and hangout spot!
- Firetower lookout was a beautiful sunset and again we were alone to enjoy it!
- Jonathan Run Trail was also AMAZING! Multiply waterfalls, magical feeling forests and ponds. Truly a trail worth hiking!
- I’m including pictures of the exact camping experience we had planned, including coordinates to put into a GPS (if you have sprint def download the surrounding area into your phone before going!) Would recommend the whole plan if you only have a few days to explore the area!
Older type bathhouses but very clean, stainless steel fixtures. The campground is in two areas but split into about 5 loops. A lot are paved with electric sites, a couple loops are I paved roads and mostly tent sites but very nice! Pretty peaceful place, well patrolled by park rangers!water access in all loops. Outside of camping area are picnic areas and a lovely swimming beach, nice electric only fishing lake!
Hickory Hollow's campsites were nicely spaced out, perched on a hillside, but with nice flat pads. The lake and farm country provided a welcoming and relaxing setting. The trail around the lake was perfect for running or walking. A small but convenient off-leash dog area was also a wonderful amenity. And last but definitely not least, the bathhouse was clean and easy to access. Would definitely stay here again.