Mather , PENNSYLVANIA

Cyber Monday Gift Extended Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Mather Camping Reviews
Fall Camping in North Central West Virginia

The McCollum Campground at Coopers Rock State Forest is a great place to stay. The sites are nicely spaced apart, the camp staff is helpful, and the showers are very clean. The camp Wi-Fi isn't the best but we did have cell service with Consumer Cellular (AT&T Towers) and were able to work while we camped. The campground is only a short drive to the scenic overlook but if you're feeling adventurous you can take a hike. There is a playground for the kids and plenty of room for them to play. My only complaint is the firewood available to purchase. It's a small bundle for the price.

I would go back

I would go back. Our site was secluded and protected from other sites. We were very close to the state park and all activities there.

Nice quiet park

It's a nice wooded park with asphalt roads. The sites are some what close to each other but the wooded areas between the site give you a level privacy. Our site, as well as a number of others, wasn't particularly level. I parked our trailer halfway in because if I had gone all the way back I would have never gotten level. The bath houses were spotless. There are a number of water fill stations throughout the park and 1 dump station. Do follow others as well as the parks warning about coming in on Chalkhill-Ohioplye Road. Do not follow your GPS blindly. There are number of hike in the area which is why we were there.

Great campground

Big spaces to camp, private and spacious

We stayed at the Kentuck Campsite. The sites are close to each other but we had plenty of space at the same time. The hiking trails were beautiful this time of year. Wasn’t a big fan of their restrooms, not very COVID friendly I felt and a bit outdated. That’s the only reason I give it a 4 star.

Awesome

Awesome owners,quiet place to relax. Tent site was nice and conveniently located next to the bathhouse

Pretty Area but Campsites are Close Together

- Had a super enjoyable time at Ohiopyle State Park Campground! It was very nicely tree covered and the restrooms were not far apart, but the campsites were quite close and not much separated some from others. There was firewood and ice right outside to buy, so don’t tote any in!!

- No service if you have sprint… in any of the surrounding area!

- Definitely check out the nearby town and waterfalls! The town of Ohiopyle is very cute and has lots to enjoy if strolling through (hippie shops, bakeries, ice cream, and adventure rental outlets). Cucumber Falls was cool, but GO EARLY or it is so crowded it is not as enjoyable. ForSure check out the Meadow Run Trail! Beautiful and wide trail for a more private view of cascading water features. AND natural waterslides!! Amazing experience! Was basically there at the slides alone besides a father and two children and a fisherman. Such a cool experience and hangout spot!

- Firetower lookout was a beautiful sunset and again we were alone to enjoy it!

- Jonathan Run Trail was also AMAZING! Multiply waterfalls, magical feeling forests and ponds. Truly a trail worth hiking!

- I’m including pictures of the exact camping experience we had planned, including coordinates to put into a GPS (if you have sprint def download the surrounding area into your phone before going!) Would recommend the whole plan if you only have a few days to explore the area!

Beautiful campground, quiet, not to crowded…..

Comfy camping!

Nice simple, small campground sites are for everyone, RV to tent, older bathhouses but clean. Swimming pool and lake for fishing and boating!

Older type bathhouses but very clean, stainless steel fixtures. The campground is in two areas but split into about 5 loops. A lot are paved with electric sites, a couple loops are I paved roads and mostly tent sites but very nice! Pretty peaceful place, well patrolled by park rangers!water access in all loops. Outside of camping area are picnic areas and a lovely swimming beach, nice electric only fishing lake!