The best TENT SITES camping near
Hellings Corner , PENNSYLVANIA

Most Recent Hellings Corner Camping Reviews
Well kept, spacious, good facilities

Very nice campground-- good sized sites, well maintained hookups, clean grounds, friendly staff, well-stocked campstore. The only drawback was my site was not very level and took a few tries to get levelled, but everything else made up for it. Sites are packed sand so be prepared with a good broom because it tracks everywhere. We had a great time and will definitely return.

Great location, fun times!

We LOVE camping here in the fall!! They do their own haunted walk through that is just awesome! Everyone decorates. They have a dj every Saturday! Plenty of activities for the kids. They have cool raffles! Very close to Six Flags Great adventure. You can hear the lions in the morning. There is a road that goes between the campground and the Safari you can drive, walk, or bicycle down and see the animals! This campground has a pretty lake, a bridge and is very woodsy, not just a camper parking lot like some other campgrounds! The staff and seasonals friendly! The only reason I didn't give 5 stars is because the bathrooms need a deep cleaning.

Perfect Camping Trip

Just had our first stay at this campground and we loved it. The site was spacious and right across from the bathrooms. Bathrooms were very clean. The ladies in the front office were very kind and welcoming. Only about 25 minutes from Long Beach Island. It's early in the season so it was relatively quiet, I imagine it's much busier during the summer. It was the perfect start to our camping season!

Great Campsite

We have been seasonal campers for over 20 years

Not special needs friendly

Owner was not friendly. And became even less friendly after she found out that I have 3 special needs boys. The staff were great. Nice place if it wasn't for that. My family and I will not be coming back here.

Decent place for kids

The place was fun.. they have peddle cars and playgrounds. They deliver wood to your site by the truck full! Nice little store and staff are all friendly. My only issue is that there are no trees. It feels like you're camping out in a field with mostly sand around. But having said that, I'd still recommend it for all of the positive they do have.

Great extended weekend

Spent a great extended weekend on in the park. Did some fishing and received good tips from the locals.

The park ranger staff was great and informed us that there was a junior ranger program for kids. We had done a jr. program in national parks and was a great way for us to lean about the area and it’s wildlife as a family.

My kids were excited to earn badges and certificates when they finished. The pet friendly loop was great for our dog and had full hookup sites in that loop for those that need it.

If you have time there are plenty of places for hiking in the park or just outside. We enjoyed a nice leisurely hike at Crows Nest Preserve that went through beautiful PA farmland.

Great campground

Been camping here for many, many years. New ownership has improved a lot of previous criticisms (water quality, staff friendliness). This is our "base camp" as we camp multiple times per year every year.

The bathrooms still are in need of a remodel, and their could be more kid activities. That's the reason for 4 stars.

Lots of shade, decent size sites. Loud and kid friendly, which is fine for us but might not be for some.

Great family spot

Great family run and owned campground. Clean, friendly and fun

Gorgeous River Views

This was the first KOA we visited and I can't begin to say enough wonderful things about the whole campground.

The sites, particularly those on the Brandywine River, have amazing views. They are close enough for you to camp with a group, but most also have a small fence between each site to clearly delineate between the sites.

The camp playground was brand new when we arrived and they had just broken ground (September 2020). There are two different playground in the same area to accommodate kids of all ages. They also have pickleball, mini golf and a lovely pool.

The camp store is well stocked and has delicious ice cream.

Nearby are great places to go hiking as well as a canoe and rafting outfit. We choose to do both on this trip and weren't disappointed with either.

We are definitely looking forward to returning soon!