The best BOAT IN camping near
Heistersburg , PENNSYLVANIA

Most Recent Heistersburg Camping Reviews
Nice campground, kind of far from trails and attractions

Stayed at the Kentuck campground just outside of the town. The campsites are nice. Adequate room, clean bathrooms, and overall a good campground. For us, it wasn't within hiking distance from the main attractions or hiking trails. The campsite sits on top of a long hill with really no room to walk on the road so you have to drive everywhere. Other than that, nothing to complain about.

Puts more 'camp" in camping

This is a no frill camp area that actually feels like a campground instead of a resort.  Not great swim areas, but one can jump in the river to cool off.  Lots of bugs…but thats the Mid Atlantic.  It was a good time away from the city.

OK, but not real camping by West Coast standards

Nice, crowded.  Grandkids had fun.  Lake was nice to cool off in.  Not a place I would do again.

Great Snow Hike

Got out for a couple hours hiking in the snow. It was great. Just what we needed to stretch the legs and enjoy some family time. We did the Palomino Loop.  It also was quite interesting getting to the trail. Some nice snow covered back roads.

LHHT

Oh the LHHT. What can I say. You are beautiful. And a beast. And breathtaking. Rafting in the yough is lovely as well. Such a fun area!

Clean trails and beach

The lake offers great relaxation and the trails around the lake offer pretty views. Only wish that there were more trails available because it’s so beautiful in that area!!!

My go-to

This is my absolutely favorite go-to weekend exploration spot. She never looks the same, and every season has a new vista to offer

Nice and quiet

This rating is just a personal preference. We needed a spot to stay for the night, and the drive up was not worth it. You drive up a long, steep, windy road to the campgrounds, not to mention the drive to get to the town was very out of the way. If you’re on Sprint or T-mobile - there is no service. We thought it was a little pricey, about $30 for one night. We were also charged 10 extra dollars for having a cat(that never leaves the van) for one night.

Fall Camping in North Central West Virginia

The McCollum Campground at Coopers Rock State Forest is a great place to stay. The sites are nicely spaced apart, the camp staff is helpful, and the showers are very clean. The camp Wi-Fi isn't the best but we did have cell service with Consumer Cellular (AT&T Towers) and were able to work while we camped. The campground is only a short drive to the scenic overlook but if you're feeling adventurous you can take a hike. There is a playground for the kids and plenty of room for them to play. My only complaint is the firewood available to purchase. It's a small bundle for the price.

Nice quiet park

It's a nice wooded park with asphalt roads. The sites are some what close to each other but the wooded areas between the site give you a level privacy. Our site, as well as a number of others, wasn't particularly level. I parked our trailer halfway in because if I had gone all the way back I would have never gotten level. The bath houses were spotless. There are a number of water fill stations throughout the park and 1 dump station. Do follow others as well as the parks warning about coming in on Chalkhill-Ohioplye Road. Do not follow your GPS blindly. There are number of hike in the area which is why we were there.