Dry Tavern , PENNSYLVANIA

Most Recent Dry Tavern Camping Reviews

We stayed at the Kentuck Campsite. The sites are close to each other but we had plenty of space at the same time. The hiking trails were beautiful this time of year. Wasn’t a big fan of their restrooms, not very COVID friendly I felt and a bit outdated. That’s the only reason I give it a 4 star.

Great find for anyone

Pull thru sites,full hookups,near I68,Morgantown and Coppers Rock. Activities for the kids and playgrounds. Great views. Minimal Interest noise.

Awesome

Awesome owners,quiet place to relax. Tent site was nice and conveniently located next to the bathhouse

Pretty Area but Campsites are Close Together

- Had a super enjoyable time at Ohiopyle State Park Campground! It was very nicely tree covered and the restrooms were not far apart, but the campsites were quite close and not much separated some from others. There was firewood and ice right outside to buy, so don’t tote any in!!

- No service if you have sprint… in any of the surrounding area!

- Definitely check out the nearby town and waterfalls! The town of Ohiopyle is very cute and has lots to enjoy if strolling through (hippie shops, bakeries, ice cream, and adventure rental outlets). Cucumber Falls was cool, but GO EARLY or it is so crowded it is not as enjoyable. ForSure check out the Meadow Run Trail! Beautiful and wide trail for a more private view of cascading water features. AND natural waterslides!! Amazing experience! Was basically there at the slides alone besides a father and two children and a fisherman. Such a cool experience and hangout spot!

- Firetower lookout was a beautiful sunset and again we were alone to enjoy it!

- Jonathan Run Trail was also AMAZING! Multiply waterfalls, magical feeling forests and ponds. Truly a trail worth hiking!

- I’m including pictures of the exact camping experience we had planned, including coordinates to put into a GPS (if you have sprint def download the surrounding area into your phone before going!) Would recommend the whole plan if you only have a few days to explore the area!

The friendliest campsite☺️

Imagine being greeted by a happy Golden Retriever upon entering your next campsite..need I say more?

The hosts of this camp provide drinking water and warm hospitality. On our second night after taking a HOT shower in one of the lodges we were offered a warm meal and even warmer company from one of the families running the site.

We were pointed in the direction of the gorgeous Valley Falls which is only a few miles from camp. Overall, our hosts were some of the kindest we met in our travels cross country!

Older type bathhouses but very clean, stainless steel fixtures. The campground is in two areas but split into about 5 loops. A lot are paved with electric sites, a couple loops are I paved roads and mostly tent sites but very nice! Pretty peaceful place, well patrolled by park rangers!water access in all loops. Outside of camping area are picnic areas and a lovely swimming beach, nice electric only fishing lake!

Great for families

I gave it a 5 star for many reasons. First the campground is clean and made us feel like we were in a forest not just a campground. Secondly, the tent sites were completely level with no need to worry about rolling down a hill in my sleep, I slept great. Thirdly, the campground was so close to the nature that we wanted to see. We went to see the falls and they were within walking distance from our campsite. Overall, it was an awesome place to camp. The grounds had paths everywhere and were well kept. I didn’t feel like I was walking in the dirt or through someone’s campsite to get to the bathroom or the playground for the kids. It was our first camping here and in Maryland for that matter, and we would love to go back.

Very comfy and private

This is our first trip out this year and the park is lovely. Mainly shaded spots with electric at most. Perfect place to get started with minimal water and dump capacity. Our daughter did use our portable dump cart for her grey water and they had to refill the water by hand but with a 60 gal water tank, we have managed well for 5 days.

Loads of trails to hike and lots to visit. I recommend the Mineral Springs and old cemetery for sure.

Beautiful mountain area. Lake is beautiful! Nice hiking trails.

Nice Campground with Full Hookups

Nice campground next to Chestnut Ridge Park (great pond swimming & newt catch/release as well as summer folk music concerts on Sat when not COVID). Also 5 minutes from Coopers Rock (great lookout, awesome trails, old clay furnace- pictured).

Full Hookups, generous spots for larger RVs. Owners are very nice and helpful. Gets booked up for holiday & football weekends because of limited full h/u in area.