Camping in Elmira

Recent Group Sites Reviews Near Elmira, Oregon

319 Reviews of 58 Elmira, Oregon Campgrounds

Denny B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2021

Great place for actually being in nature

This was the first time for me at this campground, and I will definitely be back. The sites don't have hookups, which is fine with me because I tent camp anyway. Most of the sites have some privacy, which is nice, and they seem to have ample room for a large tent if you have one. During my stay,…

• The hike to Green Peak falls
  • The hike to Alsea falls
  • Green Peak falls
Minta J.
Reviewed Jun. 18, 2021

Big campground near the dunes

Honeyman is a great campground.  It is quite large with at least half a dozen loops of campsites.  The sites include everything from basic campsite up to yurts.

There is a great playground near the center of camp and the nearby day use area has dune access for climbing and playing as well as a…

• Playing at the dunes
  • playing at the dunes
  • campground playground
Heather M.
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2021

Memorial Day Weekend

Such a nice, clean, quiet campground. Host on the tent side was amazing

SiteTent site #10 I believe
c
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

Great spot

Amazing beachfront spot - we pulled up late at night without a reservation and there were available spots for $26 a night and hook ups for $33 (from memory might be a few dollars off).

Chilly but worth it!

Sitecan’t remember
Taylor S.
Reviewed Jun. 8, 2021

Beautiful and convenient

The view was wonderful. We got a lakeside camp site which made it a simple walk down to the lake where we could swim and fish. The camp ground had a pretty big bathroom and separate shower room. We wish we could have been a little further away from the other campers but overall we were happy with…

J
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Perfect

The staff were very friendly and helpful. My campsite was clean, spacious, and honestly in a pretty sweet spot. I would definitely recommend anyone to stay because my family and I most certainly are. Lot's of trails, there's fishing, showers, also their pet friendly.

Kathe M.
Reviewed Jun. 5, 2021

Amazing

A perfect spot to spend some time relax and enjoy the ocean. Can't wait to come back! Clean showers great staff!

Kathe M.
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2021

Perfectly Perfect

Great campsites friendly knowledgeable staff! We will be back. Just wish they had Wi-Fi....

• close to lighthouses!
  • cute wildlife
Siteregular campsite
aidan L.
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2021

Very close to the shore line and to Florence

I had a wonderful time staying here for the night. The place is safe and easy to find. They do only allow RVs so i recommend not choosing this place if you have a regular car.

M
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2021

Pricey stay, but well worth the beach!

Pro: beautiful location, well kept campgrounds, excellent amenities Con: expensive per night, noise pollution, not a lot of privacy

Had a great time staying here with a friend, we stayed at site 31, which is a bit back from the loop. A lot of the sites here at Waxmertyle are exposed to the paved…

Julie B.
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Will come again!

Lovely, mellow campground on the river. Beautiful and well maintained but not uptight. Nice people and a pool also. We will definitely be back. The spots facing the river are amazing, but even the second row was nice.

Ed M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 28, 2021

Quiet

It was a nice Abe quiet place to chill for a few days. Will go back.

No hook ups, but you can access the river.

Sitearound hult pond
C. W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Nice open and flat pavement with full hookups

Lacking info online but staff helpful when calling. Not much space between sites but didn't bother us since it's not quite peak season. Would've liked more grassy and greener at our site.

C. W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Nice open and flat pavement with full hookups

Alexis C.
Reviewed May. 25, 2021

Nice quiet close to sights

Campground is quiet and pretty. A lovely little creek runs through it and trails lead both to the beach (Devil's Churn, Thor's Well, Cook's Chasm)

Some spots (like #4, ours) are pretty small and exposed. Some larger spots are around. From the looks of the website the smaller spots are max…

• spot 4
  • creek along campground
  • Devil's Churn (.5 mile from camp)