The best WALK IN camping near
Washington , OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Washington Camping Reviews
Beautiful lake views

Overall, I really enjoyed camping here and will definitely will be back.

Easy In and Out

This place has it all! Even buffalo! Indoor pool. Nice showers, laundry room, clean bathrooms. Coffee and muffins free in the morning! They have church services on Sunday as well.

I don’t like crowds

I agree with the others. It’s trashed and it is PACKED. The tent sites are a little too close together for my liking. Like on top of each other. I think your best bet would be to stay on the outer edge sites and not in the middle for sure. I’d also reserve online bc they are always full. I’ve heard of people being turned away that just show up to camp. It is EXPENSIVE also. You have to pay for your campsite and then also pay a fee per person. Tent camping is only $12.50 but then add on $16 per adult and $9 per child….. it’s ridiculous. There’s a lot of other places I would rather stay that are way less crowded and way cheaper. I’d suggest staying elsewhere and stopping in for the day if you want to go. ALSO you have to have a coast guard approved life jacket for everyone under the age of 12! So keep that in mind. Pets are not allowed at the falls either.

Really nice KOA

We stay at this KOA several times a year. Very good place to stay.

Really great sites! Terrible system

They have just about anything you would want. Sites on the water, large shaded sites, pull thrus. Nice playground. Two issues. 1. It’s really hard to get a spot. First come first serve. Not who put things in the site first, but who actually puts money in the box first. This leads to a lot of arguments that I witness almost every time we’re at Arcadia. 2. Community water. Sometimes you need 2 or even 3 hoses to reach the water. Campsite wise,this is some of the best camping anywhere near OKC. Also a ton of deer. See them everyday.

Last Resort

Camp sites are very close together. Bathrooms are in a serious need of an update. Lake is about half a mile away from campground. There are little stickers everywhere that get into your pets fur and gets trapped in carpets forcing you to trash any rugs. Picnic tables are on the back side of the camp site to impossible to use.

We enjoy Post Oaks

We had a site in Post Oaks campground and really enjoyed it. Really long, pull thru sites and really shady. There’s a little swim beach. We have a camper so we didn’t use the bathrooms, but they did not look great. We drove around at all of the campgrounds and we liked post oaks the best. Little axe has some nice sites, but it’s almost always crowded.

There’s a lot of great sites!

Definitely some of the best camping in the OKC metro! However, getting a site can be difficult. First come, first serve and check out isn’t until 5. Lake has a couple of nice swim beaches also.

Good for newbies, popular for all

There are three main campground parks around the lake. Spring Creek and Scissortail Parks are off 15th. Central Park is off the 2nd Street entrance.

Spring Creek and Scissortail were both full, so we ended up at the Spring Creek Park.

In Spring Creek, there is primitive camping in Bobcat Campground and King Snake Campground. We stayed in the Cottonwood Campground which had a mix of camping types.

We stayed in an RTT, so all of the spots were easy access for us, but I saw some big rigs and setups with boats, so it looked like it was easy to park for most anyone.

The spaces were ample sized and most all of them had enough trees surrounding them to offer decent privacy. They all had had fire pits, grills and picnic tables. They all looked pretty level.

Restrooms and showers were passable, but not much better than that.

The campground was pretty full, but pretty quiet. No problems with noise.

Lots of trash cans around, but they were all full or overflowing. Most of the campsites had some lingering trash around. Definitely could have been cleaner.

My son had a ball and this place isn't far from home, so we will probably checkout the other campgrounds on 15th the next time we are there.

In addition to easy setup and getting around, the other thing that makes this great for new campers is that the city of Edmond is just a few miles away for a full list of stores and restaurants. Or head east on 2nd (66) and go to Pop's in Arcadia for a burger and a selection of over 500 sodas.

And finally, lots of Oklahoma hospitality in case you do have problems or need a hand.

Way colder than I expected

I camped here in November and was not at all prepared for how cold it was at night. We arrived after dark and set up and went to sleep right away. The sites are pretty spread out but there were no restrooms, only porta pottys.