The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Goldsby , OKLAHOMA

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Goldsby Camping Reviews
Beautiful lake views

Overall, I really enjoyed camping here and will definitely will be back.

Easy In and Out

This place has it all! Even buffalo! Indoor pool. Nice showers, laundry room, clean bathrooms. Coffee and muffins free in the morning! They have church services on Sunday as well.

Nice

Nice place to relax by a fire. Campsites are spaced out well enough and has some right by the water. Close to some trails. Camp hosts are very welcoming and haven't had any issues with other campers.

Really great sites! Terrible system

They have just about anything you would want. Sites on the water, large shaded sites, pull thrus. Nice playground. Two issues. 1. It’s really hard to get a spot. First come first serve. Not who put things in the site first, but who actually puts money in the box first. This leads to a lot of arguments that I witness almost every time we’re at Arcadia. 2. Community water. Sometimes you need 2 or even 3 hoses to reach the water. Campsite wise,this is some of the best camping anywhere near OKC. Also a ton of deer. See them everyday.

There’s a lot of great sites!

Definitely some of the best camping in the OKC metro! However, getting a site can be difficult. First come, first serve and check out isn’t until 5. Lake has a couple of nice swim beaches also.

So beautiful in the Fall

We visited in October when the leaves were changing and it was so beautiful. The lake is great. Bring your fishing gear. Site spacing is good. Typical amenities for a state park. You must make your reservations in advance online. We highly recommend this park

Good for newbies, popular for all

There are three main campground parks around the lake. Spring Creek and Scissortail Parks are off 15th. Central Park is off the 2nd Street entrance.

Spring Creek and Scissortail were both full, so we ended up at the Spring Creek Park.

In Spring Creek, there is primitive camping in Bobcat Campground and King Snake Campground. We stayed in the Cottonwood Campground which had a mix of camping types.

We stayed in an RTT, so all of the spots were easy access for us, but I saw some big rigs and setups with boats, so it looked like it was easy to park for most anyone.

The spaces were ample sized and most all of them had enough trees surrounding them to offer decent privacy. They all had had fire pits, grills and picnic tables. They all looked pretty level.

Restrooms and showers were passable, but not much better than that.

The campground was pretty full, but pretty quiet. No problems with noise.

Lots of trash cans around, but they were all full or overflowing. Most of the campsites had some lingering trash around. Definitely could have been cleaner.

My son had a ball and this place isn't far from home, so we will probably checkout the other campgrounds on 15th the next time we are there.

In addition to easy setup and getting around, the other thing that makes this great for new campers is that the city of Edmond is just a few miles away for a full list of stores and restaurants. Or head east on 2nd (66) and go to Pop's in Arcadia for a burger and a selection of over 500 sodas.

And finally, lots of Oklahoma hospitality in case you do have problems or need a hand.

Best campground on Thunderbird

This campground rocks. It is camping made easy. The views are the best I have seen around the lake and this park area is much cleaner than others. The fire ring is awesome as it is waist-level and has a grill. Definitely worth the 21 bucks. The best tent campsites are 17-20

Beautiful site

This was a back in site right on the water. We looked at some other areas where you were so far from the water you wouldn’t even know you were at a lake. The site was level and had a nice picnic table out near the water.

Close to everything, yet isolated.

This lake and the multiple camping areas around it are really nice. Full rv spots with complete lake view. Tons of shade. The Breeze over the lake has helped me with the humidity of summer. Friendly folks, eager to help. I've stayed there in our tent. Quiet and lots of critters to keep you smiling. I've been visited by lone and small groups of doe, fawns with white freckles. Children play areas with park toys. Day use areas, beach and swimming areas.