Camping in Wetzel

118 Reviews of 36 Wetzel, Ohio Campgrounds

L
Reviewed Jun. 17, 2021

Lovely !

Sauder Village is extremely well maintained and clean! Beautiful views of corn and farmland. The historical village is an easy 10 minute stroll and worth visiting!

Monte M.
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2021

Very nice camp ground

We stayed there three nights had a very nice stay. They have alot of sites owners were very friendly people at the camp ground were all friendly. Nice lake, you can bring golf carts nice size camping lots. We will go back again great experience beautiful place.

SiteI think 31 not sure
Andy K.
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2021

I liked it

I spent one night here with my two dogs on Memorial Day weekend and I was much more impressed with this location than I thought I was going to be.

The park itself is very narrow and long, and stretches down the Maumee River bank.  It's very green with lots of trees and shade cover.  The paved…

F
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Short trip for the zoo

Very straightforward reservation and check in process. The grounds are nice with a lovely river right across the street. Bathrooms are A+ with a code for only campers. I would definitely return here.

Site#18
Bob M.
Reviewed May. 21, 2021

Quiet, Off the Beaten Path

We like this place a lot. Tucked away in NW Ohio, close to the Michigan & Indiana border.

We were in the north campground. Sites are all level, many very spacious which is unusual for Ohio SPs. No FHUs but don't let that stop you from visiting.

• #71 from the road

Month of VisitOctober
Ashley R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 11, 2021

Good place

We had a really great time. The place has a pool and updated bathrooms. Nice trails and clean. The sites are kinda small in some areas though. The one section is like a parking lot. Your site is all asphalt your fire ring is even on the asphalt.

Drayton A.

plz read

cool

Drayton A.

i liked it

i went there

S

Nice quiet place

Tried it for the first time. It was quiet and relaxing. The camp host was nice and friendly. Kids loved having the playground so close to the camper. Will be back soon.

Susan S.
Reviewed Apr. 8, 2021

Great place to relax

My family camped here last summer and it was a nice getaway. Nice pool and clean pond for swimming and fishing.

Debbie S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 8, 2021

Quaint, quiet lakeside retreat

Absolutely love this peaceful, quiet campground. We stay here weeks at a time when visiting Cincinnati. It’s no frills, but the view, the ducks and the serenity are well worth staying here.

Samantha C.
Reviewed Mar. 19, 2021

Perfect for family fun!

We stayed at Harrison Lake last year for our oldest daughters birthday. Although we didn’t have the best neighbors we really enjoyed the park! We rode bikes to the beach pretty much every single day and then through the main part of the park! We cannot wait to go again!

Jacob A.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 3, 2021

Nice campground for a bike ride.

We have stayed at this park several times.  The camp sites are mostly spaced out for room, but some can get very wet and flooded during a nice rain.  The paved bike trail in the park starts near the campground, and connects with a bike trail along the Wabash River that goes into nearby Bluffton,…

• Looking at the bison enclosure from the fire tower.
  • Looking at the lake and road to the campground from the fire tower.
  • Site 40
Sitesite 40
Alexandra M.
Reviewed Jan. 16, 2021

Hidden gem

Traveling with a dog is not always easy, but I throughly enjoyed my stay. Will be back again, happy it wasn’t full of people. Wifi strong, Verizon service great, premium electric (I have 30amp and there was a hookup), no water as it’s winter meaning no bathrooms (there is a porterhouse). Clean…